Fordmods Logo

Auto Electrician to fix Electrical Problems BF Falcon SE Qld 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Auto Electrician to fix Electrical Problems BF Falcon SE Qld
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon BF Mk11 XL ute

QLD, Australia

Hi, I live 80 Ks north of Toowoomba Qld and need to find Auto Electrician / Repairer to fix Electrical Problems in my 2006 BF Falcon, if you can recommend a repairer that knows what is what with Ford Falcons in South East Qld (Toowoomba, Brisbane, Gold coast, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast etc) I would be most grateful if you would let me know.

Electrical problems interior light and map lights not working and intermittent airbag warning light. I have had the vehicle to two auto electricians, the first at Kingaroy who told me there was no power coming from the BEM Body Electrics / Control Module for light and the BEM needed to be replaced. As for the airbag light they came up with the following code A293 and had no idea what it means :x (just filled me with confidence).

The second at Lawnton came up with the following airbag code A2993 told me it was the resistor under the dash on the passenger side (where the passenger airbag would be if fitted) and a replacement part was available from FORD for $45.00 to $50.00 (resistor part no BA14K155A) and it would take 4 to 5 hours to get the part and was unsure how long it would take to fitted. :| Fortunately I decided not to wait.

:? It turns out Ford don't sale the resistor that go’s in place of the airbag as a spare part but as part of a module unit that fits in to the dash cost $220.00 plus fitting. The resistor BA14K155A go’s under the passenger seat.

I have contacted two Ford dealers for time and price to remove & replace BEM plus programming, all I get from them is about XXX $ could be more or less, it depends on long it takes, may take 2 to 3 times to program new BEM etc. :?:

:D If you can recommend any one who can install and program a new BEM for me, PLEASE let me know. (Looking for someone within 300kms of Toowoomba.)
Thanks to one and all.
Cheers Michael

Post subject: Re: Auto Electrician to fix Electrical Problems BF Falcon SE Qld
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon BF Mk11 XL ute

QLD, Australia

If it only takes seconds to lose why does it take so long to find the car keys ??
Old & Broken wrote:
Hi, I live 80 Ks north of Toowoomba Qld and need to find Auto Electrician / Repairer to fix Electrical Problems in my 2006 BF Falcon, if you can recommend a repairer that knows what is what with Ford Falcons in South East Qld (Toowoomba, Brisbane, Gold coast, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast etc) I would be most grateful if you would let me know.

Electrical problems interior light and map lights not working and intermittent airbag warning light. I have had the vehicle to two auto electricians, the first at Kingaroy who told me there was no power coming from the BEM Body Electrics / Control Module for light and the BEM needed to be replaced. As for the airbag light they came up with the following code A293 and had no idea what it means :x (just filled me with confidence).

The second at Lawnton came up with the following airbag code A2993 told me it was the resistor under the dash on the passenger side (where the passenger airbag would be if fitted) and a replacement part was available from FORD for $45.00 to $50.00 (resistor part no BA14K155A) and it would take 4 to 5 hours to get the part and was unsure how long it would take to fitted. :| Fortunately I decided not to wait.

:? It turns out Ford don't sale the resistor that go’s in place of the airbag as a spare part but as part of a module unit that fits in to the dash cost $220.00 plus fitting. The resistor BA14K155A go’s under the passenger seat.

I have contacted two Ford dealers for time and price to remove & replace BEM plus programming, all I get from them is about XXX $ could be more or less, it depends on long it takes, may take 2 to 3 times to program new BEM etc. :?:

:D If you can recommend any one who can install and program a new BEM for me, PLEASE let me know. (Looking for someone within 300kms of Toowoomba.)
Thanks to one and all.
Cheers Michael

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: BA turbo, XH V8, EF V8

QLD, Australia

There's a guy in Noosa me and mates have used a bit. Called H&E Auto Elecs. Pretty thorough and reasonably priced. Knows his stuff. One of his employees was Bosch auto sparky of the year.

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:04 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon RTV

WA, Australia

what prices were Ford quoting you for a new BEM fitted, as I now need the same.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]