Fordmods Logo

EF Falcon Door Lock Actuators : 2 different types ? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: EF Falcon Door Lock Actuators : 2 different types ?
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3

Joined: 9th Nov 2013

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XD/EF

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Hello all. My 10/95 EF Falcon Futura Wagon has the usual door lock issues & I have been stumped by the revelation from a Ford parts dude that the 'revised' type of actuator (for '96 to '98) will fit my EF but I will need to change all four of them to the 'revised' type or they will not sync with the older types. Then another so-called parts dude tells me the complete opposite and that it (the 'revised' unit) will fit and work with my older actuators. Maybe someone here has had the same hassles and could clear up this situation for me. This is the type that is available on ebay and what I was hoping to get. >> http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GENUINE- ... 336fc10078
Thanks guys.
Jory.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon Door Lock Actuators : 2 different types ?
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:28 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1427

Joined: 21st May 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

There were three types.
2 could work mixed, and one required all 4.

I have a set of 4 in a box on the shelf, pretty sure they're the latest revision.

 

 

Attachments:
98001TSB.pdf [117.56 KiB]
Downloaded 93 times

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon Door Lock Actuators : 2 different types ?
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:34 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3

Joined: 9th Nov 2013

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XD/EF

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

MAD wrote:
There were three types.
2 could work mixed, and one required all 4.

I have a set of 4 in a box on the shelf, pretty sure they're the latest revision.


Jeez, they never make it easy for us eh ? If you have 4 (the same) in a box on the shelf , I'm assuming you would like to sell them ? And if so , how much ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon Door Lock Actuators : 2 different types ?
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:59 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1427

Joined: 21st May 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Ser Jory wrote:
Jeez, they never make it easy for us eh ? If you have 4 (the same) in a box on the shelf , I'm assuming you would like to sell them ? And if so , how much ?
At least they kept working on a fix for them. I guess that's something.

I bought them for the wife's car about 4 years ago but the problem with her car was a dodgy door latch. They've been sitting on the shelf since then. I always forget about them.
You can have them for $60.

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon Door Lock Actuators : 2 different types ?
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:23 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5587

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

post1347679.html

post1294483.html

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon Door Lock Actuators : 2 different types ?
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3

Joined: 9th Nov 2013

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XD/EF

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

MAD wrote:
Ser Jory wrote:
Jeez, they never make it easy for us eh ? If you have 4 (the same) in a box on the shelf , I'm assuming you would like to sell them ? And if so , how much ?
At least they kept working on a fix for them. I guess that's something.

I bought them for the wife's car about 4 years ago but the problem with her car was a dodgy door latch. They've been sitting on the shelf since then. I always forget about them.
You can have them for $60.


Sorry dude, I have been away. Do you still have them ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Falcon Door Lock Actuators : 2 different types ?
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1427

Joined: 21st May 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Yep

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:31 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names