Fordmods Logo

highest bcm ef 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: highest bcm ef
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:59 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 78

Joined: 20th Jul 2011

Ride: ba fairlane ghia

Location: loftus
NSW, Australia

hi jush wondering what the higest bcm i can put in an ef futura plug and play and what colour theres a blue one at the moment thanks josh
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: highest bcm ef
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

drevesy wrote:
hi jush wondering what the higest bcm i can put in an ef futura plug and play and what colour theres a blue one at the moment thanks josh

green

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: highest bcm ef
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:53 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3705

Joined: 27th Sep 2006

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

Location: Leeton
NSW, Australia

Only one higher than blue is green...

Wont be plug and play though... Usually has another plug or more wiring going to them for all the extra feature they give...

Should be info under the resources tab at the top in the navi bar and then in tach docs...

Cheers,
Tim

 

_________________

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: highest bcm ef
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:24 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 78

Joined: 20th Jul 2011

Ride: ba fairlane ghia

Location: loftus
NSW, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Only one higher than blue is green...

Wont be plug and play though... Usually has another plug or more wiring going to them for all the extra feature they give...

Should be info under the resources tab at the top in the navi bar and then in tach docs...

Cheers,
Tim

ok ill stick to blue than any one want a green i got one
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: highest bcm ef
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 843

Joined: 20th Feb 2010

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

Location: Elizibif Norf (Local Spelling!!)
SA, Australia

drevesy wrote:
hi jush wondering what the higest bcm i can put in an ef? futura plug and play and what colour theres a blue one at the moment thanks josh

EF BCMs are grey for the GLis and red for the Futura/XRs. A blue BCM is the EL Futura/XR spec and NOT interchangeable with the EF series.
BCM tech doc<- All the info you need is in here.

 

_________________

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.


Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: highest bcm ef
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:04 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3705

Joined: 27th Sep 2006

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

Location: Leeton
NSW, Australia

What he said then^^^^

Probably shoulda read the tech doc myself before jumping in...

No harm done...

 

_________________

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: highest bcm ef
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:45 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5589

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

Esteven8 wrote:
EF BCMs are grey for the GLis and red for the Futura/XRs. A blue BCM is the EL Futura/XR spec and NOT interchangeable with the EF series.
I've seen black EF BEM's (low series), and blue EF BEM's (mid series). Don't ask me why - there a few a few variations.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: highest bcm ef
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:37 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 78

Joined: 20th Jul 2011

Ride: ba fairlane ghia

Location: loftus
NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Esteven8 wrote:
EF BCMs are grey for the GLis and red for the Futura/XRs. A blue BCM is the EL Futura/XR spec and NOT interchangeable with the EF series.
I've seen black EF BEM's (low series), and blue EF BEM's (mid series). Don't ask me why - there a few a few variations.

ive got an ef futura and an el police pack option 20 both with blue bcm's
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: highest bcm ef
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 843

Joined: 20th Feb 2010

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

Location: Elizibif Norf (Local Spelling!!)
SA, Australia

drevesy wrote:
snap0964 wrote:
Esteven8 wrote:
EF BCMs are grey for the GLis and red for the Futura/XRs. A blue BCM is the EL Futura/XR spec and NOT interchangeable with the EF series.
I've seen black EF BEM's (low series), and blue EF BEM's (mid series). Don't ask me why - there a few a few variations.

ive got an ef futura and an el police pack option 20 both with blue bcm's

Well that's bloody confusing then isn't it! :)
I guess the only way to tell the difference between the bluegreenblackorangeandfugginpurple ones would be the plugs.
From all of us here, thank you Ford. For taking the simple things and over-complicating the hell out of them. :)

 

_________________

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.


Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: highest bcm ef
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

Esteven8 wrote:
drevesy wrote:
snap0964 wrote:
Esteven8 wrote:
EF BCMs are grey for the GLis and red for the Futura/XRs. A blue BCM is the EL Futura/XR spec and NOT interchangeable with the EF series.
I've seen black EF BEM's (low series), and blue EF BEM's (mid series). Don't ask me why - there a few a few variations.

ive got an ef futura and an el police pack option 20 both with blue bcm's

Well that's bloody confusing then isn't it! :)
I guess the only way to tell the difference between the bluegreenblackorangeandfugginpurple ones would be the plugs.
From all of us here, thank you Ford. For taking the simple things and over-complicating the hell out of them. :)

just to make you happier,my df ltd is yellow,had papa smurf check it and its RIGHT.

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: highest bcm ef
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2091

Joined: 3rd Apr 2008

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

NF one is yellow too.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:53 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names