Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Question for the Auto Elec elite- 24v systems
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Na I'd avoid that... Works in theory but you are creating a loop... The output on the convert is then trying to charge the batteries supplying it... I think you may cook something if a circulating current arrives...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Cheers.
Only one option then, at least the batteries have a 24 month warranty they state is " full warranty", so if does s**t itself Ill get another.
Im going to run a 24v relay for the converter and have it trigger off the ignition switch. Then I will run it to what is now the original 12v accessory feed and bypass the stock 12v accessory relay, so in theory I may be drawing 12v for the player's constant but relieving the same battery of the accessory feed so I think it should actually draw less power than stock.
If I do run the spot lights in series, will it result in uneven illumination? They are Hella's but I think they have plastic lenses and backing and have been told wacking 24v globes in them will melt the plastic.

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:16 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Na not that you will notice without a lux meter... My second job involves stage lighting and we run all 115 volt 1000w globes because they're longer lasting and brighter than the 240 volt equiv... We wire 2 in series and hook them to 240 volts... Globes would be that close in impedance they nearly have equal volts across each one...

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Cheers, having one set in series leaves 2 mounting holes on the bull bar and one 24v fog light +/- wire for another set :evil: Im going feral style with this thing lol.
I read the Mp3 players manual and it said the max power consumption is 10A, thats not a huge amount at 12v is it? If the 10A is the only power I am sucking from one battery it shouldnt cause a problems?
I have read all these things about tapping into one battery of a 24v system and its got me worried, thats all. Dont want to be spending almost $400 on batteries in a hurry again.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2