Fordmods Logo

My Hybrid ED 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: My Hybrid ED
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:24 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED Futura

VIC, Australia

Originally started life as a futura, is so much more now! Got the best bits of everything!

The car was purchased in April '06 and had had a few things done to it such as 2.5" exhaust, cam and extractors. Originally I had just gone to matts place to buy some parts for my currant car at the time an EB2 GLi and when he decided to sell his car I wanted to buy it as it was much nicer than the EB and was manual and on gas and already had things done to it. Plus it was dynamic white rather than the stark white of my EB ;)

This was taken just before I bought it however when I got it, it came with ED XR wheels and the clear indicators

I drove around as it was for a while until the mod bug bit and then started to hang with braden and then came the sound system. Had 2 15" Boss audio subs which were alright hooked up to a jaycar monoblock. Also painted the inside of the headlights.

After that the next mod was to get the windows tinted, limo tint on the back and 20% on the sides and got some EL XR wheels. This is basically How it sat at that point in time

I then put on a full 2.5" exhaust as the old one was only the mis section with a standard tailpipe. I also painted the C pillars for something different. The amber section of the taillights also got some tinting done.

Mods and things were on the quiet for a while as I was slowly stockpiling bits and pieces for the bodykit when I eventually got it done.

I managed to find a bonnet with a bulge already fitted on ebay which I snapped up real quick and had it fixed and sprayed at bradens work.

Drove around like this for some time and might add got a few strange looks!

then came the rest of the kit, essentially an EB GT kit with a modified front bar to fit XR lights.

I then managed to procure myself a set of dark agents

After that came EB GT skirts, EL ghia door moulds and mad up my own custom badge and basically this is where it sat early december before we mutilated it!

Then after the engine being pretty much s**t and the gearbox about to give way a new project was undertaken!

Basically the car was stripped right down to a shell with nothing left over, installed NF fairlane body loom, EL Ghia dash and wiring, DF fairlane door wiring and el engine bay wiring to make way for an AU motor! Oh and we took gas off it.

Ill update with fresh photos next time i update, now had EL Ghia door trims, elec windows and more!

"We will rise from chaos to elude this damnation, Hail horror, hail infernal world, better to reign in hell than serve in heaven"

Post subject: Re: My Hybrid ED
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

sure has had its fair share of mods... the el ghia door molds work really well with the eb gt flared guards...

Cheers Cam

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Holy moley! What a transformation! I love that, especially the engine bay. Well done! :wink:

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

Saw this on AFF a while ago, looks f**k fantastic for a boxcar

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:29 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA, EB GT kit, AU XR6 HP engine

QLD, Australia

I LOVE this car.... Well done man, it's gorgeous....

My EA has the GT kit, I have no wing though, also mine's white and soon to have an AU XR6 engine!

Yours makes me wish I left the chrome on my door strips when we painted them, though.... I wanted too...

I love the dark color on the lips of your bars, also. Looks sweet.

EA Fairmont, EB GT kit w/o wing, AU XR6 HP engine, 17's lol Buy it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0628130825

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: SERIES 2 FAIRMONT GHIA

WA, Australia

take it from someone who dosent really like the boxcars, F**k AWESOME !!!!

man , youve done a number on that car.. bloody nice... BOOST IT to complete it..lol..

nice work...

15 PSI OF BOOSTED GHIA GOODNESS!!!

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:24 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

haha thanks guys! Lots of time and money has gone into her! Boost will be in the near future dont worry!

Ive been toying with the idea of getting MkII Typhoon wheels, what do you guys reckon?

Going to slam it soon too.

"We will rise from chaos to elude this damnation, Hail horror, hail infernal world, better to reign in hell than serve in heaven"

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

current hight looks fine to me... you said you now have power windows...? what door trims are you using now? before rims id get some better seats... i think AU seats bolt straight in? or BA XR seats look great, are getting pretty cheap and a few people have done the conversion... and again love the look from the side, ghia door molds, clear indicators, wheel arch flares, body coloured EF mirrors and EF door handles :) perfect...

Cheers Cam

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Agree with fourL6, the ride height is perfect, any lower and it just wouldn't look right.

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:34 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

fourL6 wrote:
current hight looks fine to me... you said you now have power windows...? what door trims are you using now? before rims id get some better seats... i think AU seats bolt straight in? or BA XR seats look great, are getting pretty cheap and a few people have done the conversion... and again love the look from the side, ghia door molds, clear indicators, wheel arch flares, body coloured EF mirrors and EF door handles :) perfect...

Cheers Cam

Im using EL ghia door trims now. I know how bad those seats look :( I wince every time I get in the car, its like theyre letting the interior down the most. The rear seat is fine, its EL ghia but those front seats struggle. When its more financially viable, ill be going with BA XR Leather pack seats and adding a few more black highlights throughout the interior so as the black seats in grey interior dont look too out of place!

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 94 ED Falcon

NSW, Australia

looks f**k sick mate

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Retrim the stock seats, They are the best seat made by ford in my opinion, but i may be biased.

Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]