Fordmods Logo

Aftermarket ECU's, what do other people have? ADVICE 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Aftermarket ECU's, what do other people have? ADVICE
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6, Blueprint, Turbo

VIC, Australia

Im after reviews on what other people have in there car.
Im going to be spending alot of money on a new ecu and dont want to find out the hard way that I should of got something else.

I was offered a microtech LT10 installed and tuned for $1630. but im prepared to spend a bit more.

has anybody else got a microtech and whats the driveability and fuel consumption like.

also take in mind that different ecus need extras like other sensors so im basing prices with them included.

i was told that the LT10 only tunes in 100rpm intervals, is this true and if so is it a bad thing?

thanks guys

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

My brother in law yesterday just picked up his VL turbo with a newly installed Microtech computer.
His car was smooth as and pulled away from me damn quick on only 8psi. His lmiting factor was his injectors couldn't supply enough fuel for 10psi which is what it was at before. But due to the skilled tuners he has got more power, 250hp at the treads and better fuel economy.
They people that tuned it said that if he got bigger injectors and a fuel pump they could tune it easily to 350hp at the treads. Brother in law is currently out buying bigger injectors and a fuel pump, hahahahaha.
I would say Microtech is good.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6, Blueprint, Turbo

VIC, Australia

so the price has gone up to $2100 for installing it supplying it and tuning it. includes 2 extra sensors aswell which are needed.

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Depending on what mods, almost anything will do, Like an ems stinger for example. But if you are talking a serious turbo setup with the lot, go for an autronic sm4. They retail somewhere around $2400. My brothers eb turbo has one in it and there is nothing it can't do. It has a really easy to use/understand program and his car last made 330 odd at the wheels like two years ago.
Also have a quick look at the latest zoom. There is a little write up in there on ecu's.
Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]