Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Aftermarket ECU tuning costs roughly
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Hi all,

Just wondering what is the norm when it comes to paying for ECU tuning and sorta decent dyno time.

Im looking at getting some na work done and have ordered a wolf 3d plus ver 4....im happy to install it but would rather a tech tune it.

What would I be expecting to pay for this - i have no idea on what sorta time it takes to tune a car to a nice comfortable level.

By the way the weapon is an Ef XR6 sedan

Cheers

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

I'm in Melb, but i got my Wolf 3D Version 4 installed for $450, and he tuned it for $400, or it was the other way around.
THey've done a good job too, a lot of messing around, but stuck to his price, which was an unexpected surprise!
Probably around the $400 upwards.

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ok yeah that was what i was sorta estimating around.....how long did it take your techo ... a sorta day job or longer and did yours spend much time on the dyno ?

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I wasn't in any rush and he was busy at the time, but i just dropped it off and picked it up a week later, thats install and tuning.
I think it spent about 4+ odd hours on the dyno, but he said it was too much of a handful and only needed to do around 40 full runs on the dyno, which he said was good???
I've still got to take it back, cause i had a leak of boost, so he hasnt been able to tune it above about 3.5 PSI. Now i've found most of the 'lost' boost, he said he'll still tune for no extra...

Good luck installing the Wolf, hope you can find someone nearby who has been as good as the guy i found!

Dave

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Hopefully - yeah sounds like yours is gonna be an awesome setup when its all running complete...Yeah we have a guy near here his prices are the best but he is a bit off a Wolf guru so I'd rather pay abit more and know the guy doin the work really knows what hes doin.....he has done many or any EF/ELs i dont think but quite a few APS phase 2 and 3 BA XR6Ts

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i have a disk at work with a tune for mild EB. the setup data wont help much but the maps should get it started and running.

should save you some cash if you want it

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:46 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Expect to pay anywhere between $250-$500 depending on the tuner

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Big Kev, i'd defiantely take it to someone who knows how to tune with the Wolf ECU.
Some guys will tell you staright out that they don't really work with them, and won't touch your car if you have one. I don't blame them, if they don't know how to use it, then its like trying to use an Apple computer when you never have before. Do-able, but not really a good idea.

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
Big Kev, i'd defiantely take it to someone who knows how to tune with the Wolf ECU.
Some guys will tell you staright out that they don't really work with them, and won't touch your car if you have one. I don't blame them, if they don't know how to use it, then its like trying to use an Apple computer when you never have before. Do-able, but not really a good idea.

Exactly ... and Brad I will get back to u on that one cheers :wink:

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Big Kev wrote:
EL XR8 wrote:

no prob dude.. could prolly do a file share over msn

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
EL XR8 wrote:

no prob dude.. could prolly do a file share over msn

Sweet the mild EB tune that should be right just to get the car goin without too many dramas ?

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

Hey will that mild eb tune work in a ef? because of coild packs and not dizzy. If so id be interested in a copy too if its alright.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]