Fordmods Logo

almost wanting to burn my baby!!!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

please help b4 i add fire to it Poll ended at Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:11 am
help 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
please save her 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

Post subject: almost wanting to burn my baby!!!!
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:11 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hey all, i have a series 1 eb fairmont 3.9 ltr, with a crow cam 2222549 + 2 1/2 redback extractors + hi flow cat + sports exhaust + xr6 valvesprings, top gun 10mm leads with iridium plugs, i also have a hp4 uni chip from chiptorque, my problem is that my fuel pump relay goes spastic before i even start the car, as soon as i turn it to the on position it turns on & off rapidly, & while its running it loses power like its starving for fuel then it seems to get too much fuel & has no power with heaps of black smoke, if it doesnt stall out?? i have replaced the following=== fuel pump, fuel filter (inline), fuel pump relay, fuel pressure regulator, ecu (with the proper numbers according to chiptorque??), chiptorque even replaced the chip with another 1(which i sent back to be retested & reprogrammed with no benifit), injectors, distributor (complete unit), any ideas what might cause my fuel pump relay to go spastic before i even start the car???
cheers gsbloke

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

poor connection at the battery,probably one of the smaller earth wires is broken and making then losing contact.
happend to my ea i drove it for like a week bwfore i figured out why it was running s**t and stopping all the time.
hope this helps

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

thanks mate, i'll have a good look round & see if this might be the prob...
cheers gsbloke

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]