Au fairlane lpg fitted today 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Au fairlane lpg fitted today
Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AU FAIRLANE

VIC, Australia

Got the lane fitted today with lpg and all things considered i'm about 75% happy. Car starts easier than it ever has on gas compared to petrol( first crank compared to about 5 previously) and notice zero power loss but i'm no hoon so dont full throttle every corner. Will get a good gauge when l tow first time tommorow. Afew dramas with the rear speakers and factory sub woofer which were removed as the tank now fills that space so i'll need to work something out there when l get time. Noticed the smell from exhaust when running on gas is more potent than petrol which i find strange. Anyway enough ranting and i'll keep you updated on economy figures and power when towing in the coming weeks.
bobbie

Now with a hint of "BLING"

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

how much did it cost you?

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

$2200 Ffor the impco system fully installed. They also had to remove air box and weld a custom intake with pod filter included for no extra charge due to my cars extracters interfeering with the system. All in all a good job but they were very messy and un professional as l made sure they got a spotless car but on returning home noticed dirty hand marks all over the front and rear of car which they didnt bother wiping off and l mean heaps.

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Mine was $2297 - I got new spark plugs and an air filter as the ones in my car were needed to be changed. Do you have the in dash changer on your AU or the stacker in the boot - I put my stacker from the boot to under my front passenger seat. My gas switch is a toggle one near my LH knee and the gas and petrol now runs off the same gauge. Trip computer also gets the readings of gas consumption too. I have not noticed any power changes, excpet when I go uphill, the car uses a bit more gas, but is smooth on long drives.

Instant Karma is gonna get you!

Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Gave it a good run today and was rapt to find that l got 310 kays out of each fill x2 On petrol i would only get 300 so consumption is down and all this for a mere 55 odd dollars. Noticed only a slight power loss going uphill maybe 10kw or so. All in all very happy with it all.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]