Fordmods Logo

AU III Tuneability 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: AU III Tuneability
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:17 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 248

Joined: 4th Nov 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AUIII

Location: COONABARABRAN
NSW, Australia

Hi all,
Can i get my AU III tuned?
Is their room to move with the standard chip?
Will all tuning will be lost when i disconnect the battery?
If i can where is the closest place to Coonabarabran? IS it Dubbo, Tamworth ect???

Just a quiz dont burn me over it lol :D


Cheeres MITCHY

 

_________________

AUIII, PACEY 4499's, MAGNIFLOW CAT, 2.5" ZORST, 17X8" AUII XR RIMS....otherwise all factory!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU III Tuneability
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

AFAIK SCT XFlash3 works with AU's.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU III Tuneability
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:28 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 248

Joined: 4th Nov 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AUIII

Location: COONABARABRAN
NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
AFAIK SCT XFlash3 works with AU's.


.....and this is what???? An add on device? what sota money please?

 

_________________

AUIII, PACEY 4499's, MAGNIFLOW CAT, 2.5" ZORST, 17X8" AUII XR RIMS....otherwise all factory!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU III Tuneability
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

A flash tuner, it plugs into the OBD port and changes the tune on the computer. They are around $600+ tune cost.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU III Tuneability
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:51 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 248

Joined: 4th Nov 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AUIII

Location: COONABARABRAN
NSW, Australia

:D Thank you

MITCHY

 

_________________

AUIII, PACEY 4499's, MAGNIFLOW CAT, 2.5" ZORST, 17X8" AUII XR RIMS....otherwise all factory!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU III Tuneability
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 2159

Joined: 15th Nov 2005

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

Location: Latrobe Valley
VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
A flash tuner, it plugs into the OBD port and changes the tune on the computer. They are around $600+ tune cost.

i think you'll find they are closer to $900, the flash tuner 1s were around $600 but are no longer sold... Apparently AUs respond really well to a flash tune, normally they come with a generic tune which is a pretty good upgrade from standard... then your set for what ever mods you do in the future... (cam, turbo etc.)

 

_________________

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU III Tuneability
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:52 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 248

Joined: 4th Nov 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AUIII

Location: COONABARABRAN
NSW, Australia

fourL6 wrote:
67RCE wrote:
A flash tuner, it plugs into the OBD port and changes the tune on the computer. They are around $600+ tune cost.

i think you'll find they are closer to $900, the flash tuner 1s were around $600 but are no longer sold... Apparently AUs respond really well to a flash tune, normally they come with a generic tune which is a pretty good upgrade from standard... then your set for what ever mods you do in the future... (cam, turbo etc.)



:shock: $900 .....performance aint cheap

MITCHY

 

_________________

AUIII, PACEY 4499's, MAGNIFLOW CAT, 2.5" ZORST, 17X8" AUII XR RIMS....otherwise all factory!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU III Tuneability
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 2159

Joined: 15th Nov 2005

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

Location: Latrobe Valley
VIC, Australia

DARTHVADER wrote:
fourL6 wrote:
67RCE wrote:
A flash tuner, it plugs into the OBD port and changes the tune on the computer. They are around $600+ tune cost.

i think you'll find they are closer to $900, the flash tuner 1s were around $600 but are no longer sold... Apparently AUs respond really well to a flash tune, normally they come with a generic tune which is a pretty good upgrade from standard... then your set for what ever mods you do in the future... (cam, turbo etc.)



:shock: $900 .....performance aint cheap

MITCHY

BUT if your considering any more mods to you car this is pretty much needed...

just had a look and theyve come down to $695 :D
heaps of info here
http://www.capa.com.au/ford_flash_tuner_x3.htm

 

_________________

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU III Tuneability
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 248

Joined: 4th Nov 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AUIII

Location: COONABARABRAN
NSW, Australia

:D :D :D Thanx fourL6. That site has some awsum stuff on it. Very impressed!
Kit inludes : Ford X3 (Includes One Generic Tune) Does thet mean they give you ONE PERFORMANCE tune (stored in the unit to flash over to your ecu)...You purhase additional tunes at $100.00 each??
THANKS


MITCHY

 

_________________

AUIII, PACEY 4499's, MAGNIFLOW CAT, 2.5" ZORST, 17X8" AUII XR RIMS....otherwise all factory!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU III Tuneability
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 2159

Joined: 15th Nov 2005

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

Location: Latrobe Valley
VIC, Australia

DARTHVADER wrote:
:D :D :D Thanx fourL6. That site has some awsum stuff on it. Very impressed!
Kit inludes : Ford X3 (Includes One Generic Tune) Does thet mean they give you ONE PERFORMANCE tune (stored in the unit to flash over to your ecu)...You purhase additional tunes at $100.00 each??
THANKS


MITCHY

im not the best person to answer this... someone correct me if im wrong but yes i think it is one performance tune, that will be flashed into your ecu, as for the extra tune, id assume its aother generic tune for example. you could have a economical tune, performance tune and a 98 octane tune. thats my idea anyway...

 

_________________

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: AU III Tuneability
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:48 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 248

Joined: 4th Nov 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AUIII

Location: COONABARABRAN
NSW, Australia

fourL6 wrote:
DARTHVADER wrote:
:D :D :D Thanx fourL6. That site has some awsum stuff on it. Very impressed!
Kit inludes : Ford X3 (Includes One Generic Tune) Does thet mean they give you ONE PERFORMANCE tune (stored in the unit to flash over to your ecu)...You purhase additional tunes at $100.00 each??
THANKS


MITCHY

im not the best person to answer this... someone correct me if im wrong but yes i think it is one performance tune, that will be flashed into your ecu, as for the extra tune, id assume its aother generic tune for example. you could have a economical tune, performance tune and a 98 octane tune. thats my idea anyway...


Thanks all the info i need have a nice nite!

MITCHY

 

_________________

AUIII, PACEY 4499's, MAGNIFLOW CAT, 2.5" ZORST, 17X8" AUII XR RIMS....otherwise all factory!

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:00 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names