Fordmods Logo

Auto ECU In A T5 EL 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Auto ECU In A T5 EL
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

VIC, Australia

I have owned my T5 EL Fairmont for about 4 months now and have had no dramas at all, its obviously been converted to manual yet feels like it left the factroy that way. I looked at my ecu the other day and found out the catchcode is actually an auto one. I have heard of the resisitor method to overcome the auto ecu but i wanted to see how i could check to see if it has been done. I dont even know where to start looking and i dont wanna fiddle around without knowing what to look for. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:02 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Burns wrote:
I have owned my T5 EL Fairmont for about 4 months now and have had no dramas at all, its obviously been converted to manual yet feels like it left the factroy that way. I looked at my ecu the other day and found out the catchcode is actually an auto one. I have heard of the resisitor method to overcome the auto ecu but i wanted to see how i could check to see if it has been done. I dont even know where to start looking and i dont wanna fiddle around without knowing what to look for. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Hi Burns,
Have a look under the dash where the handbrake used to go on the EA EB ED, there should be the auto computer there, have a look to see if it's been disconnected, i've been told that will work for the V8's,as the 6's are different set-up (well so i've been told!!)
Did you end up getting the POWERCHIP off ratman? :?: , how's it going?, if ya have any drama's with it, pm ,me if ya want!!
Hope this help's you,
Cheers Jason. 8-)

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:10 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Is the car an I6 or a V8 ???

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Is the car an I6 or a V8 ???
I think you'll find that burn's car is a V8, as he was asking bout the POWERCHIP that ratman had,and it was for a V8 EL GHIA,
we were all giving him advice with it!!, and he said that the POWERCHIP ratman had was perfect for his car, so i'm assuming that it's a V8.
Cheers Jason. 8-)

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah its a V8, paid for chip today so will probably get in next week, looking forward to it too. I will have a look tomorrow. Thanks for the help COBRAED

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Burns wrote:
yeah its a V8, paid for chip today so will probably get in next week, looking forward to it too. I will have a look tomorrow. Thanks for the help COBRAED
Burns, when you do put the chip in just follow the instructions it's piss easy.
Also, make sure you get ALL the paste off the electronics on the J3 port, otherwise it won't run propperly, just start again!!!
If you have any prob's with it give me a hoy, will be happy to help!!, or if i'm too busy my347 will also help if he's not busy either.
Let us know how you go!!!, POWERCHIP GUY'S HERE WE COME! hehehe :D
Cheers Jason. 8-)

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah i caught up with my347 for a couple of hours on monday night, he is very helpful. Yeh no prob putting chip in, do stuff like that everyday. Thanks for the help again

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]