Fordmods Logo

BA-BF-SX-SY - Scantool Fun 

Page 37 of 45 [ 666 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 45  Next

Post subject: Re: BA-BF-SX-SY - Scantool Fun
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 02 BA XR6T

SA, Australia

OK I've been searching high and low for this information and can't find an answer.
I have an 02 BAXR6T with 4sp Auto - I want to be able to monitor trans temp in Torque (Android).

The PID's i've found thus far are:
1674 - TFT. This returns no response on the BA 4sp Auto.
092C - this was based on someones "guess" from the AU interrogation they did. This returns a value, but with no scaling, just A*256+B returns values in the range of 75-145+... perhaps this was it just needed a -40 offset?

Other than these 2 values, I cannot come up with any other suggestions. Can anyone help?

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

I don't seem to have scaling for 092C with me here either.

The 1674 is for TFT from a ZF Transmission, which is a separate module. So instead of sending the request to the PCM at 7E0 the request is sent to the TCM at 7E1. No use for you on a BA with PCM-controlled 4Spd though. For 1674 I do have an Offset -256, Mult 5, Div 72. On a car I captured a full field value of 7E9 05 62 16 74 03 ec 00 00 - which is something like 51C.

I'll see if I can find any offset/multiplier data for 092C when I get home from work.

Lukeyson

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Thanks Lukeyson.

To clarify, the 092C value came from this thread where people were looking at AU falcons -
http://jpeg.fordforums.com.au/vbportal/ ... 845&page=2
I dont know enough differences between the AU EEC & the BA EEC to know if the addressing even correlates?

With regards to the scaling to 221674, does the capture you came accross of
7E9 05 62 16 74 03 ec 00 00
have a header 7E9? if so, what does this header point to? (as the PCM is 7E0 isnt it?)

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

When you send a msg to the PCM the address is 7E0. Replies come from 7E8. So returns from queries sent to the Transmissions Control Module on 7E1 come from 7E9.

Similar thing happens with the mode. When you issue a Mode 22 request, in the reply in the mode field the value will be 62. Similar for Mode 21 or 23's which do request by different means - such as by offset or address, rather than by PID - which will respond with 61 or 63.

So the 7E9 is the TCM respond, the 05 is the byte count. The 62 says it's a response to a Mode 22 query, the 1674 is the PID being responded to, and what's remaining is Hex 03EC. Punch that into your Windows 7 Calculator in Programmer mode with the Hex radio button selected, and then switch to Decimal and then do the offset/mult/div operations.

Last edited by Lukeyson on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Thanks for breaking down the codes - now I can run the PID scan in the torque app and understand the output! Will do it tomorrow morning.

The log of 221674 - was that from a BF 6sp or a BA 4sp though?

And do you know if the AU & BA EEC is notably different or could the 092c code be a possible match between the 2 as they are both BTR 4sp?

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The 221674 was from a car with a ZF.

My BA responds to 092C, but I have a manual, so I'm not sure if it means anything. I have a SX Territory Ghia with a 4Sp so it might show something. I'd have to go and hook it up someday to be sure.

I've dug into my info and I can't find any offsets for the 092C, but I know it returns data, and have somehow linked it to TFT according to what I wrote down ages ago, so I must have manually linked it at some point using the IDS.

The 1674 always seems to use the CV_TEMP_5_72_256 converter. The cars that use that include the 2007 Ford Explorer, Expedition, Edge, MKS with the 4.6 or 5.4V8. So I wonder if they use a ZF too?

The other Ford standard TFT PID is 11BD, but I know the BA doesn't use that. The converter for that PID is either:

Offset Mult Div Units
CV_TFT_TEMP 0 1 1 C
SBDS_CONV_443 0 10 130944 C

I did find an unused multiplier in my data, and you'll find it named interestingly:

Offset Mult Div Units
CV_TFT_BA 0 1 32 C

Give those a try.

My BA once returns a value of 07 e8 05 62 09 2c ff d8 00 00
My SX when cold once returned a value of 7E8 05 62 09 2C 00 5A 00 00

Lukeyson

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

OK, so I found out where I got it from - from a Ford IDS. I even captured an image of it.

On that day, IDS showed that TFT was 150 degress C, and at the time was issuing and receiving the following:

7E0 03 22 09 2C
7E8 05 62 09 2C 01 2E

012E Hex is 302 Decimal, so to me that looks like Offset 0, Mult 1, Div 2......

I don't know whether to trust that or not.

Lukeyson

Attachments:
File comment: TFT on an IDS
TFT.jpg
TFT.jpg [ 36.92 KiB | Viewed 431 times ]

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:43 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Lukeyson wrote:
OK, so I found out where I got it from - from a Ford IDS. I even captured an image of it.

On that day, IDS showed that TFT was 150 degress C, and at the time was issuing and receiving the following:

7E0 03 22 09 2C
7E8 05 62 09 2C 01 2E

012E Hex is 302 Decimal, so to me that looks like Offset 0, Mult 1, Div 2......

I don't know whether to trust that or not.

Lukeyson
Hi,

pid 092C returns TFT in fahrenheit as a signed short. To convert to Celsius, you have to use
offset=-32 mult=5 div=9

Examples:
0x012Eh = 302 converts to (302-32)*5/9 = 150
0xFFD8h = -40 converts to (-40-32)*5/9 = -40
0x005Ah = 90 converts to (90-32)*5/9 = 32

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Crikey, that's one hell of a first post Mr Art.....

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:58 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA Falcon

WA, Australia

Just read through this thread - Phew! I noticed that Lukeyson and auMatt were both looking at the possibility of recoding audio units in the ICC. Did anyone ever come up with an algorithm to do this in a BA? Any other sources of good tech on the ICC?
Cheers

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

G'day fellas

Been reading that scantool fun topic start to finish and all this scantool stuff is really quite interesting and i'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.

I've got a BF Mk2 XR6 cluster that needs the TC light turned off and the DSC light turned on (currently they're backwards, hold the DSC button and the TC light go on/off)

I was going to send it off, but the cost just to flip a bit (byte?) just seems silly now

I've got one of those cheapo chinese ebay elm adapters (bluetooth one you use with the android torque app) would this work (combined with a laptop & bluetooth?), or does it need to be a serial/usb adapter (ie direct connection to the PC)? and what simple software can i run up to issue the needed commands (doesn't need to be fancy, preferably free :P)

Also, what do you think the chances are of getting the shift warning activated on this dash? Did the BFII XR6's have that warning? (What about BF1 XR8 Cluster, friend has a 6spd manual, sure he'd get a kick out of that warning :P)

I'm sticking a Dualzone ICC out of a Terry in soon so going to do the police mode thing also (see what thats all about - it was only the FPV's that got the "hi series" cluster with the higher rev/speedo gauges right? The fairmonts/etc all had the lower readings didn't they?) - Fingers crossed it was out of a late series Terry (with the clock) - 99% sure i'll have to get my hands on one of those FPV Roof clocks though (I remember reading in here a few times theres definitely no way to activate it/program it in on earlier Territory ICC's right?)

Cheers

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:48 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

ShadoX wrote:
G'day fellas

Been reading that scantool fun topic start to finish and all this scantool stuff is really quite interesting and i'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.

I've got a BF Mk2 XR6 cluster that needs the TC light turned off and the DSC light turned on (currently they're backwards, hold the DSC button and the TC light go on/off)

I was going to send it off, but the cost just to flip a bit (byte?) just seems silly now

I've got one of those cheapo chinese ebay elm adapters (bluetooth one you use with the android torque app) would this work (combined with a laptop & bluetooth?), or does it need to be a serial/usb adapter (ie direct connection to the PC)? and what simple software can i run up to issue the needed commands (doesn't need to be fancy, preferably free :P)

Also, what do you think the chances are of getting the shift warning activated on this dash? Did the BFII XR6's have that warning? (What about BF1 XR8 Cluster, friend has a 6spd manual, sure he'd get a kick out of that warning :P)

I'm sticking a Dualzone ICC out of a Terry in soon so going to do the police mode thing also (see what thats all about - it was only the FPV's that got the "hi series" cluster with the higher rev/speedo gauges right? The fairmonts/etc all had the lower readings didn't they?) - Fingers crossed it was out of a late series Terry (with the clock) - 99% sure i'll have to get my hands on one of those FPV Roof clocks though (I remember reading in here a few times theres definitely no way to activate it/program it in on earlier Territory ICC's right?)

Cheers

Your understandings are right.

You need a 'terminal emulator' program to directly send the commands to the dash over the OBD2 connection (be it serial/usb/bt doesn't matter).

'putty' has a terminal emulator option and is free, as is TeraTerm. I've used both, teraterm is probably the better terminal emulator, but putty is more useful to me (it's a great SSH client).

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

I have trans temp working for the BTR 4 sp!!

Thanks to the help of this thread, I now have trans temp for the BTR to be able to be monitored via Torque:

PID: 22092C
Scale Factor: x1
Equation: (((A*256)+B)-32)*5/9
Header:    <-- Blank

Thanks for the guidance with regards to scaling & confirmation of location ;)

Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hey guys

Finally got around to having a crack at this (set up my laptop with the needed gear :P)

Just a little confused when i comes to the DSC (Skiddy car) Jewel on a Lo cluster (BF XR8), i understand how to do police mode/TC Jewel but what part would you change to turn off the TC jewel and turn on the DSC jewel?

Using the response example given earlier in the thread *727 03 61 03 03*

I get that the highlighted 03 is Hex - so in binary its 11 (or 00000011).

To get police mode i need 00000111 (or 07 Hex - or to dump the Seatbelt reminder i can do 00000110 - or 06 Hex is that right? So i'd write back 3B0307 (or 3B0306 for no seatbelt), but do i need the TC bit set to 1 to be able to change the DSC and TC jewels (And what bit gets changed to do that)? or does that bit need to be 0 (Hex 05?) and theres a DSC bit elsewhere?

Finally what was the final word on the shift alert? Was it an available option on BF XR clusters? (and was it actually the bit you thought it was ie the 4th bit or 00001111 for everything on (which comes out as F in Hex? is that as in 0F | 3B030F or have i got that completely wrong?)

Cheers all :)

ps, i got the feeling from the previous posts in the thread the DSC jewel select was in the second "03" of the response above (If that was true than that example would have both the HDC and DSC jewels active?) I'm guessing mine will respond with that as 00 and it needs to be 02 (or 00000010) for just the DSC (Would that be 3B0207 ? or different command) - That was thinking, tell me if i was on the right track or not :P

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/auto-electrical-forum-f89/disabling-traction-control-lamp-on-ba-t122568.html
Take a peek here to see if it helps, it is however for the high series cluster.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Sort by  
 Page 37 of 45  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 45  Next