Fordmods Logo

BA-BF-SX-SY - Scantool Fun 

Page 38 of 45 [ 666 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next

Post subject: Re: BA-BF-SX-SY - Scantool Fun
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Yeah thats pretty much what i had above for programming the cluster with TC on, but what i need to do is to enable stability control jewel (led on dash) and disable the TC jewel (led on dash) - the DSC system functions perfectly as expected it should, just the wrong jewel shows up on the dash when the car starts/the DSC button is pushed

Really just a matter of completeness, the car has DSC, id rather the DSC light show instead of just the TC light :) - Functionally, it'll work the same

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Well that was an anti-climatic end to an amazing topic discussion.

Why did everyone stop figuring it out? 3 folks on the thread were writing little programs that could change stuff, but nobody actually appears to have released anything. Only think I found in 30+ pages was something to turn off/on police mode.

I've just read this entire thread, and the Lukeyson dual ICC conversion thread that led me here..

What ended up happening?

Did anyone figure out how to recode stereos?
I'm about to convert my car to dual zone ACC by swapping the entire dash/door harness along with HIM, sunlight sensor, pass mirror, HVAC bits and door loom and BIM/ICC. (My current bem is low level blue, new one is white the green.)

I was hoping to be able to get the car running with the new BEM and my PCM, I won't need to change the HIM TO dual zone because I'll put the fairmont one in.

What can we actually do now? I've made notes of lots of stuff from these threads, but lots of what Lukeyson said he could do, he didn't mention how. I suspect he meant using a J2534 and an FMP subscription. I'd have liked to know how to do it assuming I got both of those. Can anyone help?

regards

Frank

PS, some useful error codes for anyone searching.

P1900 Can bus fault.
P1260 Theft detected vehicle immobilised. (I tried a different BEM.)
U2197 Speedo signal error or invalid value.
U2196 RPM signal error or invalid value.
B2006 HIM module communication error.
B2477 Restraint control module error
U1147 PCM received invalid security data (probably cos I swapped in an unmatched BEM.)

I'm thinking of taking everything i learned in this thread and using it to make a falcon/territory plugin for the Android Torque Pro app. Has anyone done any of this? I know Hotwire worked out a way to monitor the auto temp in Torque (thanks for that) but this could be a huge plus for all BA/BF/FG/Territory owners if we make a falcon/territory plugin for Torque.

any thoughts/abuse/knowledge would be most welcome.

Also, any Perthies on here want to split the costs of a J2534 pass though? I have two of us so far.. if we get a couple more, the cost should be negligible and we can recode/upgrade/update our systems without ford. (who tried to charge me half the cost of J2534 just to recode the stereo.)

[update. bought myself a mongoose J25534]

regards

Frank

Last edited by frankieh on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Some things I have learned that may help people.

I spent lots of money and now have a VCM, and a couple of bluetooth elm readers and I can tell you some stuff.

1. Although FMP and IDS tells you you need two keys to do the training routine.. if you only have one, it will register that and time out and move on.. successfully having remembered the one key.
I had one key, and one remote, and trained both when I put a new high level (white/green) BEM in after doing a PM. (I panicked and rushed out and bought another key ($120!!) only to discover the guy had cloned mine and as a result the car doesn't see it as a different key)

2. Ford service charged $150 to code my radio (I've since been told that is their standard charge across ford service for that task).. they told me it would take an hour and a half to do. I did it myself, never having done it before in about 5 minutes, so their "master" mechanic was lying or mentally incompetent.

3. Using an android tablet or phone and a 12 dollar bluetooth elm reader, I have now changed two clusters to Police mode (one high and one low), and changed two HIMs to dual zone mode. So you don't need a laptop, you can use a hyperterminal app on android to do the same job over bluetooth.

4. In the hyperterminal's settings, no matter which one or what platform. you will have to mess with the newline settings.. In Putty I think you have to choose "make LF after CR implicit" to get it to work as expected.

5. If you have the Torque app in Android, you can use the Hotwire post earlier in this thread to add a BTR temp guage to the app.
This is the code he gave to us in that post.
PID: 22092C
Scale Factor: x1
Equation: (((A*256)+B)-32)*5/9
Header: <-- Blank

6. If you want to make a quick adaptor for the premium ICC in a BA/BF/Territory NAV port, go and buy the toyota plug as normal, and then search on Ebay for a VGA to RGBS cable (RGB with combined sync) that is the same format that the falcon ICC users so you then just cut off the BNC plugs and solder to the toyota plug as shown in the tech doc.. easy peasy and much less fiddly and less unshielded than soldering directly to a VGA D plug. I successfully got my first windows display on my ICC. Soon will be linux with XBMC.

7. If you are in perth and need to get your stereo recoded or PATS and PM's.. send me a PM as I will either know where to send you for cheaps or help you myself.

I seem to have reversed the power in the fairmont clock on top of my ICC.. The clock works, and the backlight does not. If I reverse the power plug, the backlight LED's work but the clock doesn't..... what they hell? Dunno if I did that by accident but it's very weird that there would be a polarity setting for the LED's in the BEM.

Anyway, I'll note anything new I figure out here so it's on record.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

I have a couple of basic ELM bluetooth and wifi units already but since I'm in the process of doing one DZ conversion and looking at doing another I would like to look into making some changes and am looking into getting a J2534 adaptor for flashing/making changes using the FMP software. At this stage I don't really care to flash the PCM, have some questions

frankieh wrote:

I spent lots of money and now have a VCM, and a couple of bluetooth elm readers and I can tell you some stuff.

Can I ask if you've been able to use one of the VCM tools with the FMP software and which one have you used? Also I assume in point 2 above you used FMP to code the radio?

Thanks in advance :)

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Perana XR8 wrote:
I have a couple of basic ELM bluetooth and wifi units already but since I'm in the process of doing one DZ conversion and looking at doing another I would like to look into making some changes and am looking into getting a J2534 adaptor for flashing/making changes using the FMP software. At this stage I don't really care to flash the PCM, have some questions

frankieh wrote:

Can I ask if you've been able to use one of the VCM tools with the FMP software and which one have you used? Also I assume in point 2 above you used FMP to code the radio?

Thanks in advance :)

VCM won't run FMP.. at least the VCM1 that I had wouldn't. tried loading a J2534 driver for it.. but FMP wouldn't recognise it as a suitable device. Having said that, ford IDS works fine with a VCM and does the same stuff that FMP does.

I ended up getting a Mongoose cable. It works great with FMP and I've used it to flash my mates BA firmware update as well as changing my tyre sizes etc in the computer so it better calculates my speed. The mongoose rocks.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Thanks, thought that would be the case, would love a mongoose but not sure I can justify the cost

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:44 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA Xr8

VIC, Australia

Without reading the whole 38 pages...

How can i check a error code?
I have a ELM 327 usb cable and bluetooth adapter. Tried the bluetooth on my phone - didn't detect a error code (even though engine light is on)
Tried ScanXL, Digimoto and easyOBD2 programs on my laptop and no go either. Detects RPM/Coolant and other useless info that I already have on my dash.

Has anybody had success reading and clearing error codes?
It has worked on other cars,

This is for a 2004 BA Xr8 Ute

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Try a windows app called forscan. Its very good and designed primarily for fords. And its free. They even list some stuff in the change logs about Australian falcons.

But I've never had any trouble with an android phone or tablet and an app from the play store called torque. It has pulled up lots of error codes for me.

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:40 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU II Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Guys for those of you who have an Andriod based phone Torque Pro of the play store is one the best you can get and works well with a bluetooth OBDII scanner, I use it on my AUII with ForScan on my laptop and on my Kluger with the Torque pro App

AU II Fairlane Ghia 180 hp@ the wheels, Pacemaker 4499, RedBack 2.5", stock CAT, CAI, Lovells low's. More to come

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Has anyone here got the knowledge on how to remove PATS edit the PCM to be Manual and Disable things like ABS and Module checks??

I was quoted $1200 from chiptorque which sounds a bit steep considering the motor installed and wired ready to go is only going to cost me $400....

I would either purchase the required hardware do to it or if someone can do it please let me know.. and how much?

Thanks in advance.

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

frankieh wrote:
I ended up getting a Mongoose cable. It works great with FMP and I've used it to flash my mates BA firmware update as well as changing my tyre sizes etc in the computer so it better calculates my speed. The mongoose rocks.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to somewhere selling the Mongoose version you have?

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Macca wrote:
frankieh wrote:

You wouldn't happen to have a link to somewhere selling the Mongoose version you have?

Sorry mate, the one I got was a one off.. I'll see if I can find the ladies email address. see if it's something she can get more of.. I originally bought a VCMI with it, but I ended up trading that in on the mongoose because it's more useful than the VCM. I'll let you know if she can get more.

this is the url for the new product by the manufacturer.
http://www.drewtech.com/technician/products/mongooseford.html

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford BA Futura II Wagon

VIC, Australia

Hi,
Been browsing eBay for a obd2 unit and notice there are wifi and Bluetooth units available.
Both my computer and android phone have wifi & Bluetooth capabilities.
Now...here's the question....which is the better....wifi or Bluetooth?
Any advice on this one?
Cheers

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hi,
Been browsing eBay for a obd2 unit and notice there are wifi and Bluetooth units available.
Any advice on this one?
Cheers

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hi,
Any advice on this one?
Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 38 of 45  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next