Fordmods Logo

BA ecu 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: BA ecu
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:35 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

anyone know if there is anyway to run a ba ecu to run just the engine stuff? i am retro fitting a BA engine into my EA falcon.. have the motor and ecu... only thing stopping me is engine management... and would dearly love to use the standard BA ecu.... does anyone know for certain if there is way around the security stuff.. and to get rid of all the extra stuff not needed so just the engine will run?

Thanks
Trent

Post subject: Re: BA ecu
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Eu-GenixX wrote:
anyone know if there is anyway to run a ba ecu to run just the engine stuff? i am retro fitting a BA engine into my EA falcon.. have the motor and ecu... only thing stopping me is engine management... and would dearly love to use the standard BA ecu.... does anyone know for certain if there is way around the security stuff.. and to get rid of all the extra stuff not needed so just the engine will run?

Thanks
Trent

you can flash the std BA pcm. you will need the dash wiring from the BA to get the port to plug the flash tune into. i spoke to Tony from capa a short while ago and they were looking at getting some stand alone wiring looms made up for the BA motors. i dont know what happened to that project. a phone call to capa could save you a lot of time and $$$$

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Capa didnt mention the stand alone wiring when I emailed them a few weeks back.

Would it be difficult to seperate what is needed from a wreck?

I would be keen on a loom if it can be done.

A flash tune seems like the most cost effective way to get it all running so far, especially if you want to keep VCT.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:13 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

well i'm currently just waiting on replies in regards to editing the BA ecu without using a flash tuner... i've been told it can be done.. and i'm waiting on costs etc..

in the long run.. a flash tuner would be the ultimate way to go... any mods.. just a case of a simple re tune...

and yes... if it's easy to seperate wires from the loom.. that could be an option too... but the wiring looms from capa would be great too

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]