bf headlight probs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: bf headlight probs
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 97 EL futura & BF XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

hey all i have an 07 bf xr6t i noticed that the drivers headlight doesnt work but when i checked it in the morning thinking that it night be the globe the headlight was working again it cuts in and out from time to time so i checked the plug at the back and it seems all fine it isnt loose just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before and how did they fix it i dont want to go to ford for warranty because i asked them about my aircon line sounds like it is leaking and they said that it is normal ( to me it isnt)
any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

there is only 2 rules in driving go hard or go home

Post subject: Re: bf headlight probs
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

i think the general un-biased consensus would agree that ford are fairly imcompetent at wiring an automobile and extremely inconsistant with thier vehicles in general. my love for the blue oval is fading fast even with the "new generation" falcons that still haven't fixed problems from 20 years ago, i believe any car that you buy a new gen model 20 years after your last one should pretty much share NO similarities with the old one, well at least not bad ones, seemed they changed everything good and kept their falldowns, eg water run-off,mont electrics etc.
i can see the ba overtaking the ea in terms of botched engineering which is why i bought a bf but apparantly ford didn't seem to give a rats a** about improved engineering and just keep re-releasing bad designs.

nearly 10 years and 3 fords later, i vouch for this being my last one, although i do enjoy it i just can't justify the cost, if i wanted a cheaply built mass produced shytebox i'd buy a hyundai with just as much warranty (read: longivity)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:13 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB turbo

Power: 276 rwkw

SA, Australia

Hey kovac,

I've had a similar problem with a bf that i repaired at work once but both lights wern't working.
They did however work when set to auto. We rang fords and they said it was a common fault for the switch to fail inside the car, and should be covered by warenty. This could be your problem.

EB 2,T5, snort kit, 3 inch, 044, turbosmart reg, LC1, 46lb, crow cam, EMS stinger
Now with 275.7 rwkw @13 psi

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:08 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

kovac wrote:
hey all i have an 07 bf xr6t i noticed that the drivers headlight doesnt work but when i checked it in the morning thinking that it night be the globe the headlight was working again it cuts in and out from time to time so i checked the plug at the back and it seems all fine it isnt loose just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before and how did they fix it i dont want to go to ford for warranty because i asked them about my aircon line sounds like it is leaking and they said that it is normal ( to me it isnt)
any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

hissing noise is normal for some types of A/C system (including BA/BF Falcons).
This is because the orifice where the gas changes pressure is located in this line, and this causes a noise.

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 97 EL futura & BF XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Thanks guys ill give them a ring and book it in

there is only 2 rules in driving go hard or go home

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]