Fordmods Logo

bloody fuel pump 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: bloody fuel pump
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:24 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ea Monty

SA, Australia

yesterday mornin, my fuel pump sounded like it was struggling, had a really loud whine to it... i just assumed cause i live on a hill and had 1/4 of a tank, just needed to be moved... so after a day of driving, still making the noise, i figured it was a bit messed up, but seemed ok to drive... so this morning i drove to school fine, end of the day, got in my car drove up the road (uphill slightly).. battery light came on, car died, and rolled back down the hill, i turned the wheel (no power steering) to try and get it closer to the curb.. and managed to get it onto steering lock
so i had it locked turned to the right, in reverse, which resulted in me running into a curb backwards, and then up the curb and up across the footpath, before i managed to stop it (2ft from a fence)

found out the fuel pump is shagged...have put power to it, have checked relay and everything, but it wont run... so how much am i looking at for:
a genuine ford one
an aftermarket one
a reco'd one (if it would be ok)
a dodgy upullit one

ive read how to do it, and am comfortable doing the job. just need to know where the best place to get a new pump is... also.. what kind of pump am i looking for an EA series 1 Fairmont multipoint...

thanks alot
Ken

Ea Monty: 12 slotters/t5/ef thermos/stezza/2.5" redback catback/climate control conv/white venetian/ Old School Baby

Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

get on the phone and ring the auto stores locally tomorrow morning and ask them how much.

Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ea Monty

SA, Australia

got one for 65 from local wreckers, took 40 minutes to remove and install new one, should have attached the hoses before i did up the lock ring, i think i inhaled half of my petrol.. haha

Ea Monty: 12 slotters/t5/ef thermos/stezza/2.5" redback catback/climate control conv/white venetian/ Old School Baby

Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

u-pullit are $40 if your going 2nd hand. Performance aftermarket are cheaper than genuine ford iirc

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

I personally wouldn't put a second hand fuel pump in either.. I tried that once, it worked, for a little while... after 3 second hand ones (they were free), I went down the quarter mile (stock), and it s**t itself on the way there.. so I just went an bought a Walbro 255 Ltr/Hr for $90 or something... never had a problem since.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]