Post subject: Re: ECU
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Yeh every rego renewal we have to. Im going to look into it all and see where its worth while get the AU1 ecu in my car.

For a pink slip (not blue slip), if your car looked pretty stock except for exhaust etc most wouldn't know the ECU isn't stock, most wouldn't know or wouldn't care if the ECU is stock, as for $30.10 who in their right mind running a business is going to pull off a kick panel to check if the ECU is original or aftermarket, it isn't apart of a rego inspection anyway.
Hell the battery can be falling into the fan, the washer bottle could be missing, the reverse lights can be missing, wheel studs could be broken off (behind a hub cap) all emission equipment disabled and I could legally pass you for rego, but then as you drive away from paying for your inspection you get a red sticker from the cops, NSW is f**k, no parity with rego laws.

Blue slip on the other hand does require you to check those things, it is similar to other states RWC where they don't require an inspection every year so when an inspection is done it has to be thorough.

MICKYYYY wrote:
I need OT find out how the AU computer is sequential and if it knows how to run economically like the DELCO. Delco takes sample and knows by the speed sensor if ur cruzing at a continues speed that it changes the tune automatically and makes it run economically.

I wonder if the ford computer does that?

EECIV V8's were sequential, they didn't go backwards with the V8's, I also think you will find out EECIV and V self tuned, problem with factory settings aren't perfect (Ford made set it up that way) after fitting a Tweecer you can set change that, just get onto Pete.

Forgot to mention, Pete will be able to give you the info on this, but a lot of mod chips for Ford EEC end up getting overridden by the EEC's self tunning.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The 8860 can be complied, as long as the tuner has locked it and then done the necessary compliancing(emissions, both hot and cold). If the ECU is locked and the end user is unable to make changes after compliance then it is all good. Also your supplier will be able to supply a letter from the manufacturer stating it is locked and can't be changed.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Post subject: ECU
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I like the factory computers as they do change the setting a little depending on weather like intake temp and when u cruzing it knows ur cruzing at a consistant speed and pulls back the mixtures which is great.

See all those little thing make a difference and all the other little things that a factory computer does. There like magic

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: Re: ECU
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:02 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
I like the factory computers as they do change the setting a little depending on weather like intake temp and when u cruzing it knows ur cruzing at a consistant speed and pulls back the mixtures which is great.

See all those little thing make a difference and all the other little things that a factory computer does. There like magic

THESE ARE ALWAYS THE ARGUMENTS YOU GET FROM THOSE NOT IN THE KNOW! oops sorry caps!

the above mentioned ecu's in my earlier post can and will be better than the std for ecomomy, driveability, etc.

as the terrorist say's it needs to be locked for epa!

and again some like the xtc ems have full adaptive learning that is end user definable so you tell it how or if you want it to learn both for fuel and ignition!

this does of course require additional hardware like knock sensors and afr meter! (5wire o2)

acurate enough to be made euro 3 compliant!

Post subject: ECU
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

so u saying a good aftermarket ECU will be more than enough to run my engine and still be good on fuel and drive nice???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:29 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

All Ford Falcon V8 EECIV and V are sequentially fired and all EEC's have adaptive control(this is the "automatic tuning" you mention Mickyyyy) and because they use MAF sensing directly there is no calculation of engine air mass required. If you used TwEECer you could show the calibration once finalised, to the powers that be and with the switch box removed it would lock the cal in that position.

Cheers,
Pete.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2