Fordmods Logo

Capa Chip available now in WA. 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Capa Chip available now in WA.
Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Wagon

WA, Australia

If anyone is after the E series edit from capa I spoke to a mate yesturday and he had it done last Monday by Simon at Extreme Ford tuning. He said at the moment he is not impressed at all with it as it didnt seem to give any more KW with the tune :shock:

ImageImage
EF XR6 Wagon,RPD R6 cam,Wildcat extractors, Magnaflow cat,2.5" Lukey exhhaust.
Too many more too list

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

Yeah contacted Simon during the week regarding a full tune with the Eliminator chip, including sorting out the speedo with the new diff ratio the price was $1495. Only heard good things about Simon and his tunning, I will be ringing a few other places to find out their thoughts on the Eliminator chip and tunning experiences so far.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

if simon cant get anything out of it then its not looking good. hes done fantastic work with BA's from what ive seen. and in the last week 3 of his customers have run

10.7 in 4 speed auto
11.1 in 6 speed auto
11.5 6 speed manual

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

Im assuming they are all turbo's?

the turbo 6's will respond to a tune much better than your average I6 with a cam and set of headers.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

yeh, turbos.

still, if the first post is true, and they didnt see any gains in power. seems like a pretty worthless exercise.

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

well it depends
to me it reads as if the car was not dyno'ed after the edit

ppl are expecting WAY to much from this edit, from what i read. ie 15+kw from an edit no way on a e series motor

sure the BA's etc get massive power increase's with edit due to a more modern engine and ECU

the edit should give a more driveable car with more midrange punch and increased throttle response and a torque increase ( or at least a flatter torque curve )

well thats what i would be after not a peak kw figure ( thats a bragging thing only )

dont forget u can have 2 equal cars say BA XR6T

car 1 has 350rwkw @ 4500rpm and 500nm torque from 5000rpm

car 2 has 290rwkw @ 4600rpm and 470nm torque from 2000 rpm

car 2 will be the better drive AND faster down the 1/4

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

VIC, Australia

Yeah I think one of the best things about the XR6T's with an EDIT is the torque reductions get taken off.. apparently it makes it a totally different car.

And then they crank up the boost and other stuff.

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:14 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Hey Guys,
Simon here from Xtreme Ford Tuning. Little suprised as to the content in the first post so ill add my 2c to just clarify some things.

Bob;s Car had a unichip on it, making 202 rwhp. It had a ratio swap and because of this had rev limit issue to to the speed limit placed on the car. It also had NOS on it.

the car ran 15.0 with unichip and 14.3 with nos and unichip.

I then removed the unichip and redynoed the car it made 179 rwhp.

Then retuned it and fixed the rev limits and speed limits it then made 203 rwhp.

With the capa chip it has a function of being able to switch maps on the fly by means of a little dial.

I retuned a NOS map and it made 255 rwhp.

Car went back to the track and it ran 15.0 on edit and 13.4 on NOS

To say that it hasnt helped or made any differance is something im not to happy about and as such will have to see why it would have been said when i next talk to Bob.

removing speed limits that where an issue due to ratio changes and dropping a second of ET with NOS isnt nothing in my opinion.

As for the opinion that Turbo cars are easy to get power gains out of i would like to add to that by saying if its so easy why arent records broken every week? You have over 30 tuning establishments in the country using edit for around 2 years now, Yet 2 national records come from Perth.

Hope i havent offended anyone with my post as it certainly wasnt my plan. Just wanted to set some facts in here

Sorry just to add to that also, If Bob had of told me that he was un happy he would have been offered a money back deal at no charge. Im awaiting a return phone call from him now Cheers

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:49 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: fairmont ghia

WA, Australia

well i think that sums that up!

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ok so from what I gather.. the capa edit produced the same quarter mile time without nos as the unichip.

What about driveability? Has anyone commented on that?

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

AdamN wrote:
ok so from what I gather.. the capa edit produced the same quarter mile time without nos as the unichip.

What about driveability? Has anyone commented on that?

hey Adam, In this instance i will be doing a bit more work on Bobs idle ect that cant be tuned with the unichip correctly as Bob has bigger cam ect.

I think it gives alot more scope with edit V piggy back but thats just my opinion.

Thanks

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Is the Cappa Edit similar to or the same as twEECer. It seems to offer the same stuff, but it appears they have finally cracked all other ECU's instead of just the A9L
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:38 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Wagon

WA, Australia

Xtreme F6 wrote:
Hey Guys,
Simon here from Xtreme Ford Tuning. Little suprised as to the content in the first post so ill add my 2c to just clarify some things.

Bob;s Car had a unichip on it, making 202 rwhp. It had a ratio swap and because of this had rev limit issue to to the speed limit placed on the car. It also had NOS on it.

the car ran 15.0 with unichip and 14.3 with nos and unichip.

I then removed the unichip and redynoed the car it made 179 rwhp.

Then retuned it and fixed the rev limits and speed limits it then made 203 rwhp.

With the capa chip it has a function of being able to switch maps on the fly by means of a little dial.

I retuned a NOS map and it made 255 rwhp.

Car went back to the track and it ran 15.0 on edit and 13.4 on NOS

To say that it hasnt helped or made any differance is something im not to happy about and as such will have to see why it would have been said when i next talk to Bob.

removing speed limits that where an issue due to ratio changes and dropping a second of ET with NOS isnt nothing in my opinion.

As for the opinion that Turbo cars are easy to get power gains out of i would like to add to that by saying if its so easy why arent records broken every week? You have over 30 tuning establishments in the country using edit for around 2 years now, Yet 2 national records come from Perth.

Hope i havent offended anyone with my post as it certainly wasnt my plan. Just wanted to set some facts in here

Sorry just to add to that also, If Bob had of told me that he was un happy he would have been offered a money back deal at no charge. Im awaiting a return phone call from him now Cheers

OMG have I just f**k up or what? :shock:

Firstly To Simon and Bob I appologise profoundly as none of what was written was meant too offend anyone or drag anyones name through the mud. Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully and for that I I am now feeling like a jerk. I understand everthing that Simon has just written and what I missunderstood from Bob was that he thought that the product may have given a bit more than the unichip. Unfortunately I was unnable to reach Bob today and will converse with him ASAP to 1. Appologise and 2. try to keep a friendship with him as the short message he left on my voicemail didnt sound too happy.
To Simon I have no doubt that youre business is very successfull as I have heard nothing but great reports about the products you sell and the service you provide to many of perths high performance vehcles. As for the product I dont know alot about it and therefore who am I to judge but It has been beaten up as the holly grail for the E series for some time now and it may be that! So again I do appologise. Simon feel free to Pm me if you wish to talk further on this matter.

Cheers Adam.

ImageImage
EF XR6 Wagon,RPD R6 cam,Wildcat extractors, Magnaflow cat,2.5" Lukey exhhaust.
Too many more too list

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Mate thats fine. :)

Just to go over a couple of things with Bobs car that was effected with the unichip aswell, One minute it had 200 rwhp and then it drop down to 170, with the unichip off it went 179, so it was kinda all over the place, with edit 203 then 1 week later 202, seemed to be alot more consistant. I will get some more time on Bobs beast after chrissy.

I talked with Bob today, have a chat with him when he gets back.

Thanks

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I like the idea that you can switch between tunes on the fly with the new edit :)

How much does the edit cost? Both including and not-including dyno tuning.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next