Fordmods Logo

CAPA eliminator switch chip for e-series tuning??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: CAPA eliminator switch chip for e-series tuning???
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Gli

VIC, Australia

Has anyone out there got one? or knows a rough estimate on what they cost to tune? I'm looking into getting one but not to sure on how much tuning is going to be?

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

hiya mate i am turboing my ef atm and i called kpm motorsport in adelaide and they quoted me 1350 tuned. i think the chip itself is about 700 before tuning

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

james88 wrote:
hiya mate i am turboing my ef atm and i called kpm motorsport in adelaide and they quoted me 1350 tuned. i think the chip itself is about 700 before tuning

i assume these "eliminator" chips are similar to the Chiptorque J3 plug-in ones. As far as i know the the eliminator chips sell for 600, so another 700 for tuning is a joke considering they are not a stand alone ecu

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
james88 wrote:

i assume these "eliminator" chips are similar to the Chiptorque J3 plug-in ones. As far as i know the the eliminator chips sell for 600, so another 700 for tuning is a joke considering they are not a stand alone ecu

Yes and no. They're ment to be more like the flash tuners for BA's etc. than the ChipTorques. The tuning price does seem possibly a bit high, but if done properly on the dyno etc. it won't exactly be cheap.

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

yea thell dyno tune it properbly my mate is down there now getting the flash tuner into his au ute and it is 1500 tuned

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]