Fordmods Logo

CHIPTORQUE... anygood?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: CHIPTORQUE... anygood??
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T ute

VIC, Australia

i recently installed a cam to my eb, this made it run lumpy as and was hunting etc... got pointed in the direction of chiptorque who made a chip for me (plug n play). this settled the engine and boosted economy (greatly) but power just isnt there. im also runnin el xr6 head hm headers hiflo cat 2.5in sports zorst and still cannot do a stand still donuts r fantastic tho getting so s**t

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

you gotta get the chip tuned in real time on the dyno. I personally wouldnt trust many out there to do it though as ive heard alot of complaints about custom tunes rather than going to the headoffice in the Gold Coast which is a bit far for most people.

Also you could have problems with fueling like injectors, pump, sensors playing up, vacuum leaks etc etc....... a chip cant fix all that

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

The Chiptorque guys are very good - they actually know how to modify the maps in the ECU, not just add piggyback chips, and have been doing that for years longer than anyone else..

However.... They are just arrogant too. I used to live at the gold coast and I have to say my dealings with them came more along the lines of "you dont know what your talking about".

.. like so many people these days.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]