Fordmods Logo

Closed loop running...................whats required? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Closed loop running...................whats required?
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hi all
As most of you know I have fitted a V8 out of a series 2 EB to my Maverick 4x4. It is in and running but is guzzling the juice.
I do not have a speed sensor of any kind connected to the vehicle. There is no way to fit one. The truck is a manual and I have the frequency injection module from 66coupe in it to advance the timing cause it is an auto ECU without the TCM connected.
What I want to know is what inputs does the ECU need to go into closed loop running on the highway?
Does it need the speed signal to work as well as the throttle position and oxygen sensors?
The oxygen sensors in it are about a million years old so probably dont work anymore so they will be replaced.
At the moment it is getting a bit over 20L/100kms on Premium. If I can sort it out and get the closed loop running on the open road and manage to get it down to around 16L/100kms I will rip the crap LPG system off it and run a straight fuel setup.
So do I need the speed sensor connected for it all to work? If so any ideas on doing it or does someone do a module to cheat the computer into thinking what speed its at?
Cheers Matt

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Oustide Australia

The VSS can stop the engine from stalling whne coming to an idle and it also controls the operation of the thermo fans, maybe a fe wother things but I don't have any of it connected. My car is a bit thristy as well (96 xr8 into a 67 mustang) I'm going to measure the fuel in my tank coz I don't trust the gauge or sender. Closed loop is entered once a F/A ratio of 14.64:1 is maintained..i think. I was going to get a gauge and keep an eye on the ratio. other than that I have to keep the throttle off the bottom of the floor !!

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Thanks Dazza that is pretty much what I wanted to hear. Its an EB ECU so there is no fan control on it anyway. Besides that the thermos are setup seperately off a davis craig switch.
I dont have any stalling issues when coming back to idle so hopefully all should be sweet.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]