Fordmods Logo

E seires Plug and Play ECU. 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Are you interested in a Plug and Play ECU
I would like a plug and play Package. 79%  79%  [ 27 ]
I would like the parts to build my own. 21%  21%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 34

Post subject: E seires Plug and Play ECU.
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: anything with a engine

QLD, Australia

I am currently researching the market for a plug and play ecu for e series falcons starting with one for EF falcons. The system will be based on a megasquirt and I plan to supply a complete plug and play package.
The package would consist of the assembled and modified megasquirt 2, tuning software, base tune, an adaptor loom and any other required sensors or components.

I currently have a prototype fitted to an EF I6, so this will be the first avaliable version. With this set up the factory ECU is left in place so none of the factory features are lost. The Megasquirt will control fuel and spark and will also have some spare outputs for things like boost control, water injection, shift lights, etc.

I will also consider selling the loom parts as well for those who want to go it alone and assemble there own megasquirt.

Please let me know if this is something you think you might be interested in.

Regards

Daniel.

For Sale; EF Plug and Play Megasquirt ECU Package. Includes ECU, adaptor loom, base tune, software.

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

I thought this sort of thing was already available? Are you talking about something like this, http://megaefi.com/ ...?

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

justfordima did this a few years ago. using megasquirt too

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XR6 and ZD Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Yeah for sure i think this would be a goodidea especially for someone like me who has no clue about resistors and stuff. if its a plug and play thing then ill ask how soon can you have it ready lol. the only reason is becaseu i have an auto so all i really need is a piggy back system no point spending a couple of grand on a system that will be held back by standard ECU.
pm me if your up for it.
cheers

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:44 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Thanks for the feed back. The adaptor sold by megaefi is for an EECIV but an EF runs a EECV. I believe he is working on an EECV but it still doesn't allow for the factory ECU to remain in place. I have also read that there are a few differences between the american EECV and the Australian EECV. I looked into it when I first looked at doing mine.

I haven't been able to find any posts buy justfordima about plug and play Megasquirts.

Once I sort the details out I could probably make adaptor harnesses for any after market ECU. But for now I'm concentrating on megasquirts.

Cheers

Daniel.

For Sale; EF Plug and Play Megasquirt ECU Package. Includes ECU, adaptor loom, base tune, software.

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

he called them the dimasquirts, should be able to find something on it. I'll try and hav a look for you

i'm not trying to shut down your idea btw. :P

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:16 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Yeah I remember reading about Dimasquirts, but it apears they no longer exist?

Thanks

Daniel.

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

you'll find all the megasquirt/dimasquirt threads and posts were in the RPD forum, which has since been removed...

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

will this system also work with the el's or there a different kettle of fish

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:16 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

I beleive EL is different. I would have to look at an EL to see what the differances are.

I paln to start with EF as that is what I have and then move on to the other models.

Cheers

Daniel

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

VIC, Australia

The EF is like the worst car to start with.. what you'll be doing is specific to EF...

EA-ED / EL will work with the same megasquirt setup. the only difference being that it has to control the BBM and 2 fan signals.... however a boxcar will give no F**k for that and seeing as those outputs are already being brought out to the socket it makes it easy to wire up to it in a boxcar and then reconfig for other functions...

yes i have an ms2 in an eec-iv case in my EB with EL motor.

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Yeah I know the EF is the odd one out of the E series and is probably the more difficult to Megasquirt as it runs coil packs. But I own an EF and I'm running MS2 on it. After I installed my MS2 I thought the way I did it would be easy for others to do if I made up the adaptor looms. That's why I'm trying to get a idea of the market size.

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

I would be interested but mostly for ED and EL not so much EF

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:27 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

plug and play MS2 for the EF is a challenge indeed. You must remember that the MS2 only has the ability to drive 1 ignition output, requiring a module to switch between the coils (FORD did this with an EDIS module, but this is only external on american cars, and an internal module on the australian ecus).

The easiest route is to change over to a dizzy setup (which is what we did) on EFs. A small price to pay considering the gains.

However a true plug and play system will have to incorporate 3 ignition outputs, with a driver for each one (I guess the standard VB921 would do, or an equivalent of), and then code to work out timing, and the triggering. Last time I checked all this was missing from the MS2.

EA/EB/ED/EL are chronoligcally easy to hard. With the EL including a digital link (DOL), communicating dash variables amongst all sorts of other interesting data.

I guess the only other problem you might face is getting the connected (desoldering them from ECUs becomes a tedious task to say the least).

And after all that, it's really good to have an ECU that you can just install and uninstall just as easily.

Good Luck!

justfordima

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:39 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

would u guys be interested in a MoTeC plug and play?

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next