EA_EL CAPA CHIP-NEW PRODUCT 

Page 5 of 5 [ 64 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
Oh well, at the moment, there's not a great deal i can do, to deal with CAPA, as the manager wont return requested phone calls, i guess they'll be getting a very abusive visit by myself and a few mates at the Nats this year! Its probably the only way to actually speak to someone from there, and not have them s**t to you, especially when they'll be on the back foot from the first word.

But its never good to hear about any company doing wrong by their customers. It s**t you to tears when it happens to you, and you can't do anything about it.

regardless of how ludicrist they're instructions sounded, you did not follow them so they've got every right to do nothing to help you...

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

EL-XR6 wrote:
I havnt had it one the dyno yet due to not having a licence for another week, but me and my brother have taken it out a few times and it hauls a**, i was useing the chip with just the cam, port n polish etc at first, so when i got the charger i rang matt from chip torque told him every little detail sent him the chip got the chip back a few days later and started first go ran execllent, just gota get it on the dyno and send matt the information and he will tell me if it all good if not he will tune it again for free, but seems fine

So I take it Matt is at Chiptorque in QLD, and you installed the chip yourself?

I'm gonna call Matt myself on MON, and explain my mods (big cam, ported head, modified intake & zorst etc) and see what he says.

Was actually preferring to take my EL to a good Chiptorque dealer here in Perth, and get them to install the chip & dyno tune it for me ...but I'll see what Matt says. :wink:

Sounds like you're very happy with your Chiptorque ...do you think it'll work well with my set-up? Will it adjust / smooth my cam idle and adjust my A/F ratios etc.

Just wanna get the most out of my DEV 5 set-up, as it's running on my stock EL XR ECU at the mo :wink:

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XT Turbo

WA, Australia

yer give him a call hes a real nice bloke he'll help you out.

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

expression, i know they wont do anything anyway, and thats not realy why i'm having a whinge. It's the fact that they can't design a bracket that they sell for $700 to fit properly. If everyone who bought a kit knew that they had to do what CAPA say needs to be done. A lot less kits would be sold i would reckon. Or CAPA would be forced to actually get off their f**k asses and design something properly, and then rip everyone off over it.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5