Ride: EB GLi 4.0L

SA, Australia

hey guys, heres the situation, i have two ECUs:

ECU1: EB2 Auto GLi Pre-Smartlock 6cyl
ECU2: Mystery ECU - i believe its an EA ECU
7DAC
EFI-SD153
87DA-12A650-AC

I have an EBII GLi (that came with ECU1) that was originally an auto but i've converted it to a manual and i swapped to ECU2 for a while and performed the self diagnostics on it which all worked well, it told me stuff (its not important what :oops: ) but i've now swapped back to ECU1 (and done the resistor trick so its in park and not over-temp) but when i try to do the self diagnostics to this one (exactly the same procedure as before) the test light just comes on and stays on during the engine running test. does anyone know why its doing this and not diagnostics-ing itself???

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I had the same problem when running the same combination you are.

My friend put his SAM tester (the proper ford tool) on it and it would just hang. The lack of the auto trans was the problem. You'll never get it to go into self test mode.

If you get some more resitors and hook up the solinoid pin outs it would probably work

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB GLi 4.0L

SA, Australia

i see...screw that i say...i might just sit the auto next to the car and plug it in then do the diagnostics - or just stop caring...

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Interesting, must be something specific to the early models. Ive ran diagnostics with an auto ecu in my car after the 5 speed conversion and it worked - just spat out every error code related to the auto trans.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]