EF - no power 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EF - no power
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

Just got back from the shops, and when I was about to leave I unlocked the car fine, jumped in, only to realize I had no power at all, no lights, nothing at all, The car is fitted with an alarm, So I thought maybe the immobilizer kicked in, so I pressed the button, nothing at all, no beep beep anything. So hmm, what to do?

I waited a bit, and decided to go pay for my roadside assistance so I could ring NRMA up too come out and see if he knew what was wrong, So I got out, closed the door and hit my key fob and beep beep, it worked, I got in and the interior light was on, hmm, tried to start it, and it was fine..

This is the first time its done it, After I started it my h/u wouldent turn on, and no warning lights were on the dash.. Any idea what this could be? maybe a fault with the alarm I think?

Cheers,
Rob

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

just cleaned the battery terminals and checked all the earths and checked that relays and fuses were all in properly and it all looked okay..

I went to start it after this and it was fine, a little while later I decided to check it again and it unlocked fine, and all lights worked etc, but then I turned on the reds and went the one click further to start it and it was making a clicking noise near the battery,fuses,relay area..

So im not sure if that could be the problem ?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]