EL drinking too much petrol 

Page 2 of 8 [ 111 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Big metal cannister - the fuel filter

Injectors May need a clean, Your bbm you might need to pull apart and clean.

Couple of other things to add to the list!

Nicko

Post subject: re bad fuel ecom
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba xls ute

NSW, Australia

i get 8.2/100ks out of my el auto ijust put trip computer in i get around 800ks to a tank

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: xh falcon ute

ACT, Australia

800 2 a tank how on earth r u managing that?

negelecting my ute to ride my two wheeled rockets

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

my fuel alarm on ym ef mont goes off after about 360km of driving. thats about 100km freeway and 260 city/suburbs kinda

so yeh, im pretty p****d bout my economy. trip computer reports 17L/100 atm

mate in his CV6 03 monaro thrashs it everywhere and has done mods from 171rwhp stock to 240rwhp modded and he gets about 14L/100km

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

jdas wrote:
800 2 a tank how on earth r u managing that?

Must be refering to his best highway driving. Not uncommon to get 800+ out of a tank.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Post subject: Re: EL drinking too much petrol
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

phongus wrote:

btw i have a hissing sound sometimes coming from behind the glove box/dashboard area but i dunno what it is? would that cause a problem?
~
sounds like a vacum leak at the blend door motor.

Post subject: Re: re bad fuel ecom
Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:33 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 2002 XR8 manual

NSW, Australia

bazz wrote:
i get 8.2/100ks out of my el auto ijust put trip computer in i get around 800ks to a tank

Obviously not a V8?

My Fairmont V8 gets about 12.2L / 100km... and thats with a bit of a boot every now and then... but generally about 550 - 600 out of a tank.

EF - EL Fuel Tanks are 68L.

AU XR8 manual.

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:48 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Neo_nick wrote:
Big metal cannister - the fuel filter

Injectors May need a clean, Your bbm you might need to pull apart and clean.

Couple of other things to add to the list!

i thought injectors might need a little cleaning so i bought some of those injector cleaners but havent actually put much in. whats a bbm :oops: im new to the EL so i dunno what difference there is between EL and EA besides power =D

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB GLi 4.0L

SA, Australia

how would oil in your intake manifold hurt economy?

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Post subject: Re: EL drinking too much petrol
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:43 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

noisuf wrote:
phongus wrote:

btw i have a hissing sound sometimes coming from behind the glove box/dashboard area but i dunno what it is? would that cause a problem?
~
sounds like a vacum leak at the blend door motor.

i took the glove box out and looked for something that might look like a hose but i cant find it......do i have to take the dash out to see it and reconnect it? btw would this hose affect economy?

phong =P~

EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

this is my guess on the matter:

any vacuum leak will cause bad idle and poor economy. you intake manifold supplies vacuum to your dash so that it can operate all the flaps, etc so if you have a vacuum leak in your dash then your engine obviously does too which bends your economy over and thrusts!

rather than taking your dash out (fairly big job) for a problem that might not even be there, you could simply disconnect the from the manifold that supplies vacuum to the dash (its a small green one on my EB2) and cover the hole in the manifold with something (like put another hose on there and cover the end with your finger or a screw and hoseclamp). this will eliminate the possibility of a vacuum leak in your dash so drive your car like this for a while and see if the problem is fixed, if it is then you've got a dash to pull out, if it isn't have fun finding where the problem is :(

note: you wont be able to operate any of the vacuum devices in your dash so make sure you have your air coming out where you want (windscreen, face, etc) coz u cant change it until you reconnect the hose.

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:48 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Slabz wrote:
this is my guess on the matter:

any vacuum leak will cause bad idle and poor economy. you intake manifold supplies vacuum to your dash so that it can operate all the flaps, etc so if you have a vacuum leak in your dash then your engine obviously does too which bends your economy over and thrusts!

rather than taking your dash out (fairly big job) for a problem that might not even be there, you could simply disconnect the from the manifold that supplies vacuum to the dash (its a small green one on my EB2) and cover the hole in the manifold with something (like put another hose on there and cover the end with your finger or a screw and hoseclamp). this will eliminate the possibility of a vacuum leak in your dash so drive your car like this for a while and see if the problem is fixed, if it is then you've got a dash to pull out, if it isn't have fun finding where the problem is :(

note: you wont be able to operate any of the vacuum devices in your dash so make sure you have your air coming out where you want (windscreen, face, etc) coz u cant change it until you reconnect the hose.

thanks for all that might give that a shot. but firstly if the hose is loose behind the dash doesnt that mean i cant operate the flaps either way? that means that the climate control wont change where the air flows when i push the mode button.....but it still operates as normal. i dun mind pulling the dash out might as well so i can check some other stuff. thanks for the tip and ill give it a shot cheers

phong =P~

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98 F.B.T

VIC, Australia

Hi these are all good ideas but have you checked the fuel pressure reg.. Just remove the the return line and see if any fuel comes out.......

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:35 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

xygthoph3 wrote:
Hi these are all good ideas but have you checked the fuel pressure reg.. Just remove the the return line and see if any fuel comes out.......

yeah the gregories book suggested to check the return line but i wasnt sure how to :oops: so i guess i just unplug the return line from where the fuel pump is and see if any fuel comes out of it? will the pressure be high cause i dun want petrol in my face the second time. can i just get a tin can and hold it and the petrol will just slowly leak in?

phong =P~

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

phongus wrote:

if the hose is loose behind the dash doesnt that mean i cant operate the flaps either way?

the hose might not be completely rooted in which case the flaps might still work but still allow a vacuum leak..

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 8  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next