Fordmods Logo

EL drinking too much petrol 

 

Page 5 of 8 [ 111 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

 
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:34 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3893

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

mine were pumped upto 44psi, dont think thats my problem ;)

it may have been said here earlier, but vacumme leaks affect economy right? is there like, a diagram of all the vacumme lines.. cause just remembered, all the vacumme lines share do they not? cause on my climate control when the vents are set to face or face/feet there is always maybe 30-50% of the air actually coming out the screen. could this be a issue with economy? cause they are vacumme operateD?

 

_________________

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:04 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11738

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

4dlvr wrote:
the main problem with high perol usage with el's is flat tires. pump the tires up and see if that does the trick.
my brothers ef fairmont was doing 18l/100km pump the tires up(a little more then recomennded) reset the ecu and was doin 12


i just got a new set of rims and tyres when i bought the car. and it was driving fine until i changed the blocked fuel filter. my main suspect is the whole fuel line.....thats going to be fun. and i also have a vaccum leak behind the dash...so i just plugged it for the time being. lets just hope the weather isnt tooo cold.

and gaz. yes they are vacuum controlled. my CC vacuum hose was loose and hissing behind the dash....cbf pulling the dash out so i just plugged the hole from the engine bay. so no more CC control...now its only facing for demist which is good =D. so yeah they are vacuum operated and if thats stuff does kinda stuff up fuel eco.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: 26th Jan 2005

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB GLi 4.0L

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

phongus wrote:
4dlvr wrote:
the main problem with high perol usage with el's is flat tires. pump the tires up and see if that does the trick.
my brothers ef fairmont was doing 18l/100km pump the tires up(a little more then recomennded) reset the ecu and was doin 12


i just got a new set of rims and tyres when i bought the car. and it was driving fine until i changed the blocked fuel filter. my main suspect is the whole fuel line.....thats going to be fun. and i also have a vaccum leak behind the dash...so i just plugged it for the time being. lets just hope the weather isnt tooo cold.

and gaz. yes they are vacuum controlled. my CC vacuum hose was loose and hissing behind the dash....cbf pulling the dash out so i just plugged the hole from the engine bay. so no more CC control...now its only facing for demist which is good =D. so yeah they are vacuum operated and if thats stuff does kinda stuff up fuel eco.

phong =P~


CC control = climate control control :wink:
just like:

ABN number (australian business number number)
LPG gas (liquid petroleum gas gas)

sorry to poke fun but i'm in the mood :lol:

also, 4dlvr, how can flat tires be an EL specific problem??? its a problem for any vehicle that runs tires and its not hard to look and see if your tires are buldging excessively, just go to the servo and use their free air pump and whack in (for 205/65R15s) about 32psi for a grandpa ride or 38ish for some harder tires and at 38psi you really shouldnt have any problems with tires being too flat..

 

_________________

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11738

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Slabz wrote:
phongus wrote:
4dlvr wrote:
the main problem with high perol usage with el's is flat tires. pump the tires up and see if that does the trick.
my brothers ef fairmont was doing 18l/100km pump the tires up(a little more then recomennded) reset the ecu and was doin 12


i just got a new set of rims and tyres when i bought the car. and it was driving fine until i changed the blocked fuel filter. my main suspect is the whole fuel line.....thats going to be fun. and i also have a vaccum leak behind the dash...so i just plugged it for the time being. lets just hope the weather isnt tooo cold.

and gaz. yes they are vacuum controlled. my CC vacuum hose was loose and hissing behind the dash....cbf pulling the dash out so i just plugged the hole from the engine bay. so no more CC control...now its only facing for demist which is good =D. so yeah they are vacuum operated and if thats stuff does kinda stuff up fuel eco.

phong =P~


CC control = climate control control :wink:
just like:

ABN number (australian business number number)
LPG gas (liquid petroleum gas gas)

sorry to poke fun but i'm in the mood :lol:

also, 4dlvr, how can flat tires be an EL specific problem??? its a problem for any vehicle that runs tires and its not hard to look and see if your tires are buldging excessively, just go to the servo and use their free air pump and whack in (for 205/65R15s) about 32psi for a grandpa ride or 38ish for some harder tires and at 38psi you really shouldnt have any problems with tires being too flat..


did u do english language in high school? cause i heard they learnt something to do with ATM machine = automatic teller machine machine..... cant remember what that is called. anyways i said CC control because i cant use the controls on the climate control?

i hardly run my tyres flat. got my own tyre inflator at home so yeah. check it once in a while but i think my dad broke it in feb or something. boooo

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 425

Joined: 1st Dec 2004

Location: Noble Park
VIC, Australia

reading all these posts, its sorta normal to have ur trip at 14-16lt/100km. mines at 16.3ltr/100km but I so want it to go down. I've replaced the vac hose, thermostat, reset ecu and done base idle, engine runs at normal op temp, replaced plugs/leads/timing, cleaned maf/throttle body, air filter.
wat can i do?
do u reakon the injectors need cleaning? since im pushing maybe too much kws out of the 19's?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:04 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11738

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

well i think the main problem in fuel consumption would be the sensors and fuel line. so checking the fuel line to see any blockages (mainly return line im guessing) and also ur sensors would be good. some guy in I6 forum is having the high fuel consumption problems and doing some troubleshooting. see how he goes and when he manages to fix his problem i might be able to do the same when i get the time.

maybe the exhaust could be blocked too.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 426

Joined: 26th Jan 2005

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB GLi 4.0L

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

phongus wrote:
maybe the exhaust could be blocked too.
phong =P~


i blame the catalytic converter for that. BROOM STICK TIME 8-)

 

_________________

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

gunit18 wrote:
reading all these posts, its sorta normal to have ur trip at 14-16lt/100km. mines at 16.3ltr/100km but I so want it to go down. I've replaced the vac hose, thermostat, reset ecu and done base idle, engine runs at normal op temp, replaced plugs/leads/timing, cleaned maf/throttle body, air filter.
wat can i do?
do u reakon the injectors need cleaning? since im pushing maybe too much kws out of the 19's?
unfortunately you post 3.9 diff? stock specs -14\100 city-9\100 h\way stock diff 3.08-3.45? you use more with lowerdiff. ratios,so 16-17 would be close to ok,you use gas to make accelleration-performance. cheers :roll: :roll:

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 425

Joined: 1st Dec 2004

Location: Noble Park
VIC, Australia

where are the oxy sensors located? i mite replace em
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11738

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

just before the catalytic convert at the end of the exhaust manifold.

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11738

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

okai. the trip comp started flashing 80kms left today. and i drove for another i dunno 10 kms and it was down to 60. so it wasnt that accurate. anyways looked at speedo and i clocked 323.5kms with a full tank of petrol....so about 350km out of the full tank. i think thats a bit WRONG.

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

:shock:

I get that from 50L of LPG :p and that cost like 20 bucks hahaha.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:32 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11738

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

booo to u soulfire. BOO TO U

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:44 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4849

Joined: 19th Feb 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

my EA used to do 310 km to a tank, after I used optimax, the effienciency jumped up to 410 / tank. Some one mentioned it may have been the injector cleaner in those petrols.

 

_________________

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11738

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

hmmm im bringing it to a mechanic and get some things checked and might as well ask him to check my fuel line

tell u all how it goes

phong =P~

EDIT: guys were busy so im bringing it in on friday. tell u then whats up.

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 5 of 8  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:43 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names