Fordmods Logo

EL falcon DIY programming 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: EL falcon DIY programming
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:13 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: El

VIC, Australia

ive got an EL Falcon with port n polish, valves n cam, and i think the next step i want to take is to do something about the stock computer. i was wonderin if any 1 else has taken the option of DIY reprogramming???
im heading towards this because i can get free dyno time at tafe and a few of the teachers who know wot there doing have said they will do it for me. i know there good at tuning, my real problem is where to look for the stuff i need.. and wot do i actually need to be able to do it well.

Any help would b great thanx

EL GLi, DEV5 head, JMM race series extractors and exhaust.

Stereo, JVC headunit, clarion front and rear 6", 2 15" clarion pro series subs, 1 12" JL audio comp sub. Alpine V12 and us audio 5 channel amps

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: WRX

Power: 132 rwkw

VIC, Australia

You cant retune the el compy, if you want / can buy an aftermarket ecu and then tune that.

Car Killer.

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

lol, i found that out about 5 min afta i posted... cant u chip the ecu, then reprogram the chip tho???
ive looked on www.moates.net they have all the stuff to be able to, im just wondering if i can actually get the software to be able to reprogram it, it doesnt help that there in america.
how much would a new comp be????... too expnsive wouldnt it???

Stereo, JVC headunit, clarion front and rear 6", 2 15" clarion pro series subs, 1 12" JL audio comp sub. Alpine V12 and us audio 5 channel amps

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Given what your trying to do I wouldnt bother with the EEC. Yes it is possible, but its really not user friendly process. You really have to be half engine tuner half computer hacker, and have a lot of motivation to do it.

You will get better results without the frustration if you just get an aftermarket ecu.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

...or just buy the SCT Advantage "dealer" software, I think its about $2500.

You'll want to buy a snEEC-IV as well so you can do some datalogging.

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

i dl, TunerPro RT n had a fiddle around. i also found 2 ecu codes, 6DNB, 98 el auto cop??? and 6DBD 98 el auto????..... although i dont know how i did it(mayb xdf file, 6E) ive got a def file for them, the thing that im wondeirn is, if 1 of them is actually cop should there be a diff in the spark maps???? cos i cant see any diffrence. it has an option to find all the diffrences and the onli 1ns that came up were ones that had no item title.... i found the speed limiter in there and they were 180 and 210, so i can get rid of that(not that im going to). are there any definition files that can show those items? or do i have to try and get all those codes??? theres only 106 bytes of 57,344 diffrent between the 2 so it doesnt sound like enough to be anything do do with timing or efi:S mayb auto??? any ideas??

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Whats the code on your computer?

Post subject: ECU for EL
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:11 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 95 EF XR8 & a 09 FG GT

WA, Australia

JCaSs, ring this number: 0433405278, it is the man to speak to at Jim Mock Motorsport, JMM do aftermarket ECUs for any/all 4.0L I6 Falcons, they are around $600-$700 mark for the ECU, and it comes with all the programs and it has 4 different modes, and it can also be turned off to run the stock computer....

Post subject: Re: ECU for EL
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

EFford wrote:
JCaSs, ring this number: 0433405278, it is the man to speak to at Jim Mock Motorsport, JMM do aftermarket ECUs for any/all 4.0L I6 Falcons, they are around $600-$700 mark for the ECU, and it comes with all the programs and it has 4 different modes, and it can also be turned off to run the stock computer....

Yes, but you cant DIY tune it. They are also not an aftermarket ECU btw.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

i think the code is 6dbb, but the code on my comp doesnt fit the 1ns i have the def codes for, so im not sure how much use it will be.

im goin down to jmm sum time after the 15th so i can get my extractors, so ill prob talk to them then about computers and wot they recommend, although i know there gonna say to get their stuff.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:21 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF futura

NT, Australia

cool

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]