Fordmods Logo

ELXR6 SmartLock Beeps? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: ELXR6 SmartLock Beeps?
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:28 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EB2 Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Last week i removed a very shoddy gas system from my presently unregistered Xr6 that is my latest project.....Now it wont go as the SmartLock appears to have immoblilised it......It was trying to start but still would'nt (Like missfiring) so i gav that up.....It has 1 flash every second with IGN OFF (Immobilised?)......And 1 beep when turn IGN ON and 2 beeps for turn IGN OFF......I carefully removed all the gas controllers etc, which were only piggybacked into the system anyways...even reconnected inj. pulse (pin 59) and Ground (pin 60) at the ECU.....Can't find any other probs in the looms??? What do the beeps mean???

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:35 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Update! Pins 59 and 60 had two relays for the gas system joined in ther line....both triggered by one wire off the gas controller under the column.....I removed these and just rejoined the original loom wires for those pins expecting all would be o.k but as above it appears not.....Wher else would the SmartLock immobilise the ignition as it's cranking but i assume has no spark? The MAP sensor has'nt been touched and the rest of the gas system just had Scotchlocks werever it needed power so???

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:42 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AUIII Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

hmmmm well the smartlock light is supposed to flash maybe its got an aftermarket immobiliser.. never heard of smartlock beeping.

Bog Stock Au fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:52 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Nah it does'nt..... as far as i can see anyways! Just thought i had it just b4 when i realised that after refitting the plugs leads yesterday i noticed the TFI was basically parallel inline with the block which made me realise it's advanced heaps for the gas.....So i hastilly retarded it with the cap off at t.d.c thinking this would be it but still no go....It has spark at all plugs and i can even smell fuel after cranking so it's got me stuffed! The S.lock light flashes just the same as my EF mont does so it appears to have no fault codes??? And it was running on petrol b4 i removed this s**t system and the s**t radio that was init was'nt even connected tho some say it needs to be!!! The manuals schematic has dif colours to mine too....Aarrrgh!! :x

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:59 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

O.k i got it running after realising the Ign timing was 180degs out! Don't know how it was running on gas tho??? At least the ECU etc is all good....
But where the bloody hell is the markings for Ign Adv on the front cover....Thers only the T.D.C mark on EL....for god's sake they like to make things hard don't they???

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:30 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hey Guy's can anyone confirm where to check EL IGN timing marks as i was asking above???

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]