Fordmods Logo

error code help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: error code help
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:01 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 91 EB XR8, 95 EF XR8

VIC, Australia

Hi all, Im relatively new here and just wondering if someone could help me out with some error codes. I have done a search and seem to come up with conflicting results here goes, The car is a 1991 EB XR8.

First error reads: Idle tracking solenoid not tracking. According to my workshop manual this is only applicable to I6 engines, Am i incorrect or is there something on the v8 that may trigger this code.

Second error reads: PIP sensor reading erratic. I have located this one and i wonder is there any way to tell if its the PIP rotor or the TFI module (if thats what works in conjuction with the rotor)

Any help would be much appreciated as the local ford dealer couldn't shed any light at all. Thanks in advance.
Justin

Let the xr8 collecting begin!!!

Post subject: Re: error code help
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

pumpdogg wrote:
Hi all, Im relatively new here and just wondering if someone could help me out with some error codes. I have done a search and seem to come up with conflicting results here goes, The car is a 1991 EB XR8.

First error reads: Idle tracking solenoid not tracking. According to my workshop manual this is only applicable to I6 engines, Am i incorrect or is there something on the v8 that may trigger this code.

Second error reads: PIP sensor reading erratic. I have located this one and i wonder is there any way to tell if its the PIP rotor or the TFI module (if thats what works in conjuction with the rotor)

Any help would be much appreciated as the local ford dealer couldn't shed any light at all. Thanks in advance.
Justin

What are the Error Code numbers? I can look in my workshop manual and see what it says in how to track the fault down. I don't have too much knowledge in V8's, and I don't see the point in myself getting a V8 when I'm not allowed to drive them here in vic lol. I only have a bit of knowledge on the 6 cylinders.

This one might be for the experts.

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:32 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

i believe the codes were 14 for pip sensor and i am unsure of the other, the guy plugged in his unit and it gave the descriptions above. is there a way i can recheck them at home. i have seen the self test lead (spade terminal to earth) but am unsure were you then read the code from

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

most auto electricans and auto transmission places can scan the codes and tell you what they are,i get them done for free,mates and my service guys,there may be a fee,takes about a minute,i use it on commos and fords.if the guys are good they can track in down real quick and fix it,thats what they do nearly all day,and can give you a quote to fix it.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

I took the car to a guy who plugged it in and got the codes, i just want to fix it myself. I am pretty mechanically minded although this car is my first experience with fuel injection/computers etc. Thanks again

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

pumpdogg wrote:
I took the car to a guy who plugged it in and got the codes, i just want to fix it myself. I am pretty mechanically minded although this car is my first experience with fuel injection/computers etc. Thanks again
just get the codes again and what they mean,then get a wiring drawing-some libraries carry car manuals---photo copy,or buy one.car repairers do this if possible,and or contact the dealers,hope this helps

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]