Fordmods Logo

Fuel Gauge stuck since Fuel Pump replacement 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Fuel Gauge stuck since Fuel Pump replacement
Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hi all,

Just wana start by saying that im a massive newbie when it comes to cars so forgive me if the fix for my problem is an obvious one.

Anyway, as i said in the subject, ever since i had UltraTune replace the fuel pump on my 95 Ef Falcon GLI after it died, my fuel gauge has been f#$%ed. So heres the story so far:

- I took it back and they said they had fixed it (apparently something was rubbing on theh gauge??)
- but then i ran out of fuel when the gauge was on 3/4 full so i figured that they hadnt.
- However, when i filled it up (to full) after running out of fuel the gauge started working again
- but then magically the gauge went from 3/4 full to 1/2 and has been stuck there ever since.

Anyway, i cant really be a*** taking it back to ultra tune again if i can avoid it. And i have to drive up home for easter and would rather not hav to keep stoping for fuel just in-case im low on fuel.

So i guess i was wondering if this had happened to anyone before or whether anyone new how i could try and fix it myself?

Am i able to easily access the fuel gauge from the boot? If so, where is it and what should i look for that could be causing the problem?

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

this happened on my EA. The connector with the 2 electrical wires that goes into the pump was stuffed. The fuel level sensor wires. Was corroded. Take it back and start getting narky.
Say "if I run out of fuel again, you guys are gonna get the bill for my tow truck" or something to that effect :)

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the advice man.

I will take it back and mention it to them.

Cheers,

Rich.

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i had the same prob when i had my fuel replaced in my ef fairmont i6... i also ran out of fuel n had to ring the nrma :oops: i might have to check the wires aswell...

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII Ghia

when mine went i just changed the pump not the whole unit cos the sender in the unit that i got was stuffed

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]