fuel gauge 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: fuel gauge
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

my fuel gauge in my ef always shows empty. when the ignistion is turned on it moves about 5ml is it my fuel gauge or sender. how can i check each(my manual only tells me how to remove it not fix it) thanks for anyones help

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Post subject: fuel gauge
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB GLi S2

VIC, Australia

hi

well i have a kinda the same problem on my AU2 xr6 and it shows full then drops to empty does not matter if its a full tank or not. i have replace the sender twice and had the gauage or all the dials sent off and the guy told me its all fine. he said check your sender and i said i have done it and then he said check all your earths i did that and still its playing up. also my mate works at ford and he asked them all what they thought and said they have never herd of any problems with fuel guages, so do the cheap things first. check all the earths. then take the dash out and send it off. thats all i can help with. hope it helps or helped

it aint over till its over......

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Futura Wagon

QLD, Australia

My EF did the same. It was the fuel sender. To check, open your boot and pull the plug of the fuel sender/fuel pump. IIRC it is one plug with four wires. Now check the fuel sender connections. It should read some Ohm value, NOT open circuit. If it is open circuit your fuel sender is dead.

They used to be cheap. When I got mine (6 odd years ago) I called up and was quoted $37. Went in two days later and was told $132!!!! Said I was quoted $37 two days ago and was told prices went up yesterday. I walked out with the sender for $37 thank god. Who knows what they are worth now.....

cheers
Scott

If it doesn't fit, jam it. If that doesn't work use a hammer. - Engineers Motto

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

thanks for tha help but it fixed itself. on a long trip the fuel gauge just came up and its been fine ever since

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]