Fordmods Logo

Fuel Pump runs with engine off and key out 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Fuel Pump runs with engine off and key out
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 56

Posts: 122

Joined: 11th Jul 2009

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BF RTV ute

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

OK the heading says it all, I walked past my daughters EL this arvo and heard a humming noise. Turns out the fuel pump is running constantly even without the keys in the car. It has been doing it for a while she said. She just thought it was normal. Any ideas
Thanks

 

_________________

A dog, a bike, a Ute
Live beside a creek and now I wish for summer
Miss those tropical winters

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump runs with engine off and key out
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:31 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Feral wrote:
OK the heading says it all, I walked past my daughters EL this arvo and heard a humming noise. Turns out the fuel pump is running constantly even without the keys in the car. It has been doing it for a while she said. She just thought it was normal. Any ideas
Thanks


check the fuel pump relay. Situated under the coolant overflow bottle. Can't remember which relay...just unplug them all and plug them back in and see if that fixes the problem...

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump runs with engine off and key out
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

phongus wrote:
Feral wrote:
OK the heading says it all, I walked past my daughters EL this arvo and heard a humming noise. Turns out the fuel pump is running constantly even without the keys in the car. It has been doing it for a while she said. She just thought it was normal. Any ideas
Thanks


check the fuel pump relay. Situated under the coolant overflow bottle. Can't remember which relay...just unplug them all and plug them back in and see if that fixes the problem...

if its original there will be 2 green ones, sitting side by side, under the coolant bottle, unplug one and if it stops its the right one, they are about $30-$40 to replace with a new one from a auto eleco altho i was probably ripped off

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump runs with engine off and key out
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 56

Posts: 122

Joined: 11th Jul 2009

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BF RTV ute

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

yep just had a look. Its the green one. Grabbed it to take it off and it stoppped. Replace it tomorrow, So a bit of bonding at Repco. Told her to bring her money with her. haha.
My Dad always said that cars were a poor mans luxury, :wink:

 

_________________

A dog, a bike, a Ute
Live beside a creek and now I wish for summer
Miss those tropical winters

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump runs with engine off and key out
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:14 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Feral wrote:
yep just had a look. Its the green one. Grabbed it to take it off and it stoppped. Replace it tomorrow, So a bit of bonding at Repco. Told her to bring her money with her. haha.
My Dad always said that cars were a poor mans luxury, :wink:


Easy fix :)

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:13 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names