Fordmods Logo

Fuel Tank Schematics 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Fuel Tank Schematics
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:45 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hi guys,

just bought an AU-III and came to fill it the other day. IT TOOK ME 30MIN TO PUT IN 2OL!! For some reason it kept cutting out. After when i checked at home, i could just see the top of a rubber tube in the tanks throat and inside it was like a metal rod. Just wondering if someone had some schematics so i could work out what the hell this thing is thats interupting the flow and if it is meant to be there. Is it a filter or a guage of some sort??

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Post subject: Re: Fuel Tank Schematics
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:25 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Fairlane Concorde 4.0

NSW, Australia

A metal rod in your filler neck? Doesn't sound right to me. Normally your vent or breather line would come up beside the filler neck and connect in just below the unleaded filler flap. I'm thinking you may have a foreign object in your filler neck but you may want to check another AU first. I would go to the local Ford dealer and talk to one of the service guys. They are usually very approachable and will answer your enquiry with ease. They may even have an AU in for a service to do a comparison on.

NF Fairlane: Non Factory Dual Fuel - New coolant tank, New fuel injectors, New fuel pump, New earth cable, ECU capacitors replaced, New O2 sensor, leads and plugs, New Radiator/Condensor cleaned. 483,000kms. AU I6 Powered. Struts, Shockies, Tie rods and ball joints replaced.

Post subject: Re: Fuel Tank Schematics
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF Egas Tonner

NSW, Australia

It sounds like the metal flap from the filler assembley might have fallen off and is blocking the pipe.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]