haltech E6GM 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: haltech E6GM
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR8

NSW, Australia

hi there , i have an newly bought XR8el auto , i have came across a computer as what is the subject, im never very intelligent on this topic ,but i am wondering if anyone has one in there car? or will i be able to use it in my car? iv been told only one thing ,an that is i have to piggyback back it with my original as its an automatic , if it can be fitted ,would it be worth doing ? will it increase performance aswell, also i have 2500cc injectors to put in ,are they ok ?

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

the computer is a Haltech E6GM :)

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:06 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Yes you can use it in your car, and yes you will need to piggy back... It is worthwhile if you are upgrading injectors. Why are you upgrading injectors though? What else are you doing?

There is a nice sticky on the top of this forum, check it out, Im pretty sure it has this one there with all the features, and what it can and can't do.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

cool ty for ur reply, i just got given the injectors off a mate ,and the computer too , what else will i be doing to the motor u asked : well its all money , but i will do things at a time , the injectors and the computer were given to me as long as i use them in my car ,if not i give them back ,i dont wanna wreck my car either by just taking one persons advice wether its good an so, is why im asking fordmods peoples that drive and own them too :) , im getting bigger throttle body soon aswell,
is that ok to run without wrecking the xr8 ,
i will be doing work on inside motor over time ,

whats anyones advice on this ?
is this silly? is this ok ?
i know how i want my motor to perform, its doing it the right way that all counts too 8-)

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

cool ty for ur reply, i just got given the injectors off a mate ,and the computer too , what else will i be doing to the motor u asked : well its all money , but i will do things at a time , the injectors and the computer were given to me as long as i use them in my car ,if not i give them back ,i dont wanna wreck my car either by just taking one persons advice wether its good an so, is why im asking fordmods peoples that drive and own them too :) , im getting bigger throttle body soon aswell,
is that ok to run without wrecking the xr8 ,
i will be doing work on inside motor over time ,

whats anyones advice on this ?
is this silly? is this ok ?
i know how i want my motor to perform, its doing it the right way that all counts too 8-)

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:35 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

well, this is more a question for the V8 forums. I know the V8's are very asthmetic, and love extractors and exhaust, and new heads, cams, etc...But I don't know much about the V8's. Apart from the fact that I want one.

As for your injectors, and haltech.. It is a good start. Normally people wouldn't do this till later down the track, but if you got it now, its all good.
Id suggest taking this to an install place, get it properly installed (they will know how to piggy back it), after which you should ring around, and find someone that does haltech tuning. They will tune your car real nice, and your cal will perform really well. But to really take advantage of the ECU, you need some modifications first (extractors, heads, cams, etc).

Ps - have a read throught the V8 forums, lots of information in there.

PPS - I forgot to welcome you aboard. WELCOME ABOARD!

PPPS - Nice choice of car...

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:20 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

kewl , although im very positive of the el8, ya just made me alittle more positive :D i have pacemaker extrackors also on it:) i bought it with them already fitted , didnt know it was a pursiut car till few months ago, lol and funny that too i thought i hated cop cars :twisted: not this one though

thanks for ya welcome

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

You MAY need to purchase a G.M connector to fit into ecu then he'll need to splice into std wires...
JEM are Haltech tuners.. Adam Niesh
Helles AV Moorbank
Ph. 0415 111 644 or (02) 9600-6567

http://www.justenginemanagement.com/

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]