Fordmods Logo

Help me again! Damm Piggy backs! 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Help me again! Damm Piggy backs!
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Mini Cooper S Supercharged

NSW, Australia

Ok guys! Haltech was nice enough to FINALLY send me the correct wiring diagram! One problem, They didnt include the speed limiter removal part. I am thinking that it is Pin 3 (White Wire) This wire communicates the road speed with the dash and cruise computer. It is fed to the ECU from the Dash. What do you guys think, am I on a winner?

Thanks guys!

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:01 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

dunno try it and see?

call em up and ask?

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
dunno try it and see?

call em up and ask?

I am tempted to just cut it and see what happens. It can allways be rejoined.

I dont really wanna call them again. Took them about a month to get me the diagram in the first place and even then, they had to custom write one for me!

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:00 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

meh
cut it and see!

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

wadesta_1986 wrote:
Disco Frank wrote:
dunno try it and see?

call em up and ask?

I am tempted to just cut it and see what happens. It can allways be rejoined.

I dont really wanna call them again. Took them about a month to get me the diagram in the first place and even then, they had to custom write one for me!

f**k 'em!!! If you purchased the product from them, they help you with any aftersale issues. It's what any respectable business should be more than happy to do! :)

Post subject: Re: Help me again! Damm Piggy backs!
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

wadesta_1986 wrote:
Ok guys! Haltech was nice enough to FINALLY send me the correct wiring diagram! One problem, They didnt include the speed limiter removal part. I am thinking that it is Pin 3 (White Wire) This wire communicates the road speed with the dash and cruise computer. It is fed to the ECU from the Dash. What do you guys think, am I on a winner?

Thanks guys!

Your analysis of the wiring of the VSS signal is accurate. VSS -> Dash -> ECU.

Id wager that the haltech's speed limit removal function is simply some sort of fuel cut defender which intercepts the VSS signal and tells the ECU that "were still not doing 180".

Wiring is probably fairly simple... i imagine VSS signal comes from the dash, into the intercpetor unit, which passes it on to the ECU... calibrating the thing would be interesting - do you have the info on how that is done?

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well guys, some of you would be interested to know that cutting the wire from pin 3 of the ecu (A White One) defeats the speed limiter. The interceptor isnt required to do this. The car still drives the same, none of the instruments are acting differently or anything.

As for the Interceptor, Their wiring diagram sucks balls! I tried it and the MAP sensor readings are jumpie while the engine isnt doing anything! The jump from -14psi to 3psi! How can I be getting up to 3 psi when the car isnt running and I am not running forced induction yet! I am thinking I might just take it back and run the EMS 8860 or somthing! Why not, If I am going to get this turbo project right, I may as well spend the money! Meh, One stint of the new job that I may be getting would pay for the lot anyway!

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagon & EF fairmont wagon & M

VIC, Australia

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeah I will try this...pin 3 eh?

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

wadesta_1986 wrote:
Well guys, some of you would be interested to know that cutting the wire from pin 3 of the ecu (A White One) defeats the speed limiter. The interceptor isnt required to do this. The car still drives the same, none of the instruments are acting differently or anything.

As for the Interceptor, Their wiring diagram sucks balls! I tried it and the MAP sensor readings are jumpie while the engine isnt doing anything! The jump from -14psi to 3psi! How can I be getting up to 3 psi when the car isnt running and I am not running forced induction yet! I am thinking I might just take it back and run the EMS 8860 or somthing! Why not, If I am going to get this turbo project right, I may as well spend the money! Meh, One stint of the new job that I may be getting would pay for the lot anyway!

Ah... you have a 5 speed. If it were auto you'd be in strife. I guess so long as there is no torque reduction tags in your EEC then it should be fine. Expect to see error codes if you run a diagnostic :)

Regarding the MAP signals - the Ford MAP sensor provides a signal with changing frequency. Haltech may be expecting the signal to be a changing voltage. Easy enough to fix... get a MAP sensor from a different car :)

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
wadesta_1986 wrote:

Ah... you have a 5 speed. If it were auto you'd be in strife. I guess so long as there is no torque reduction tags in your EEC then it should be fine. Expect to see error codes if you run a diagnostic :)

Regarding the MAP signals - the Ford MAP sensor provides a signal with changing frequency. Haltech may be expecting the signal to be a changing voltage. Easy enough to fix... get a MAP sensor from a different car :)

Yea Martin, Bang on the money with the gearbox! Its a 5spd!

That would explain alot the problems regarding the MAP. Since i am going to be running 15psi of boost, I would probably be better off getting a new 2bar map sensor wouldn't I?

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

2 bar MAP would be fine IMO.

http://www.capa.com.au/prices_capa_perf ... electronic

$140 from CAPA....

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lol, I was about to say I would go and give the plastic a hammering at CAPA!

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Also, the other problem I am having is with the ignition side of things. They said the cut and connect into pin 56 which heads into the TFI module. According to the gregories wiring diagram and their wiring diagram, this should be a brown wire, yet on my ECU, its a black wire! When I cut it and connect to it, the car dosent start. Does this mean I will have to install a different sensor or even try a different TFI module?

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Dont go by colours... count the wires on the loom plug...

56 is the profile ignition pickup from the TFI module... i imagine there is also some wiring required to the SPOUT signal??

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yea, I have been looking down into the ECU Plug and matching the numbers. My inital thaught was that you would go SPOUT as this would allow timing changes. At the same time, If it is intercepting the PIP, it could tell the factory ECU the pickup is going past, when it insnt, or viser versa. On the Haltech programmer, this wire also controls the RPM points for the Interceptor Map so no RPM points, not a very good tune. I have heard of ppl running the interceptor in their AU's. Would an AU TFI module coreect this or are they all the same?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next