Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Au Te50 wrote:
Actually I've been paying about 1.19 for premium just lately!! :x

Ultimate 98 was 107.5 for me yesterday.

You have to time it right. Its easy when you have two cars. When ones empty and the prices are high just jump into the other and use it until prices are low then fill em both up.

I havent paid over 1.10 for Ultimate 98 with all these crazy prices.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Average price for PULP down here is $1.14.5/L! Gas is still under 50c/L thank god :D

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Ive herd that the non original ford gas kits have alot of problems with starting up the car and computer problems aswell... good thing about the tickford gas system is that the engine is design to take gas along with petrol..... one thing that plays a big role is the converter...... ive noticed that mine has a larger converter than other cars that are on gas... ive also been told that its heavy duty.... but if only the compression wqas raised id get better quality from lpg since being 110ron

EL FORD FALCON 1997, Redback 2" 1/2 sports exhaust, cop ECU, Cold Air Intake

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL Falcon Futura

NSW, Australia

im sorry to say this, but although gas has so many advantages, mainly cheapness, i would not go to gas if i had a choice in it.
not only does it make me feel like an airhead, and i wanna be a petrol head :P
it also lacks one thing, power, and given our car just got that "power", it hasnt had it for a long time now, so im excited about it, the car hasnt been able to go 60-90 in 3 secs in a long time, its good to see it performing as i remember it!!!

anyway, im a petrol head who loves raw kw's!!!!!

l8r

mods to my laser:
vortex fuel.....seriously, its quicker than mums falcon, well, at stalling anyway....oh she does alright burnouts tho, will post a picture soon enough....screw flanders!!

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Amber with prices like that your getting rolled! I'm paying under 55cents a litre and that's in Hobart, so it's more expensive for them to bring the fuel over here, and less is used, meaning less demand, and there's less places to get it...

fun_on_rear_demister_4u, people have told me that I talk s**t, but I have never said anything as bad as what you have just said! A decent L.P.G. system should almost maintain all the power that the car had on petrol. And the new L.P.i GAINS POWER!
And if the fuel in your car is getting into your head, then there is some serious problems!

In Japan there are some pretty quick Rotars on L.P.G.!

Last edited by twr7cx on Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

itsova wrote:
Ive herd that the non original ford gas kits have alot of problems with starting up the car and computer problems aswell... good thing about the tickford gas system is that the engine is design to take gas along with petrol..... one thing that plays a big role is the converter...... ive noticed that mine has a larger converter than other cars that are on gas... ive also been told that its heavy duty.... but if only the compression wqas raised id get better quality from lpg since being 110ron

If you got aFalcon with teh Tickford L.P.G. system, the engine hasn't been modified to handle the L.p>G., it's the same engine, just with the lpg system added. If you get a decent aftermarket system they are equal to or better. After 600,000 plus km's mine starts fine, it's a petrol starter, so even when on lpg mode it automatically switchs back to petrol to start the engine and then automatically switchs back to lpg once it's going

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Twinturbobossv8 wrote:
plus the fricken smell of that crap gives me dizzy spins, and gives me a friggin bad headache, i hate the stuff.

Now you know the reason why Falcons have an exhaust system that exits at the rear of the vehicle! IT'S SO THAT THE FUMES DON"T GO INTO THE CAR! If your in an L.P.G. car and your smelling it, it's a bit of a worry! Did you hear about the back yard mechanic did an lpg conversion to his old X-series Falcon himself. Was driving it with his kids, they were telling him how they could smell it, he decided to prove it wasn't leaking by lighting a lighter, bam! He's now only got 2 kids (outta 3) and there pretty badly burnt! O, he also left them in the burning car, but they got themselves out...

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

fun_on_rear_demister_4u wrote:
im sorry to say this, but although gas has so many advantages, mainly cheapness, i would not go to gas if i had a choice in it.
not only does it make me feel like an airhead, and i wanna be a petrol head :P
it also lacks one thing, power, and given our car just got that "power", it hasnt had it for a long time now, so im excited about it, the car hasnt been able to go 60-90 in 3 secs in a long time, its good to see it performing as i remember it!!!

anyway, im a petrol head who loves raw kw's!!!!!

l8r

Gas does not lack power but you would know better with all your experience wouldn't you.

AU series1 Futura Duel Fuel,ceramic coated Pacemaker Headers,Hi-Flow cat.2.5in. exhaust,T-series snorkel,K&N panel filter,D.B.A.Slotted Rotors

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

taximan wrote:
Gas does not lack power but you would know better with all your experience wouldn't you.

I wouldn't say that it doesn't lack power, that's system dependent. Mine does lack some, but then again my converter is too small for my engine, it's also a cheap system that I'm running - but it's still got plenty of go, and I can change to petrol if I have a real need. But a decent system should be fine!

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

cool bring your spanners over you can have the s**t on my eb almost cheaper on petrol i think and way faster

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

dont forget lpg has a octane rating of 110ron unlike petrol 98ron

EL FORD FALCON 1997, Redback 2" 1/2 sports exhaust, cop ECU, Cold Air Intake

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

itsova wrote:
dont forget lpg has a octane rating of 110ron unlike petrol 98ron
only bp ultime and optimax have 98ron as for lpg @110 its only what the oil companies say my pinging disagrees

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:52 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

BBQ gas in cars would be great ! I'll give it that - it has a high RON...but the stuff that we get nowadays ain't what it used to be - people that have had LPG cars for the past 10 years or so will be able to vouch for that.

No wonder this page has generated 4 pages of dribble - everyone has their views on LPG...when it comes down to it - it's all application based - we all know this...Amber - quit your whinging on LPG prices...be thankful you're not paying double :lol:

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

Vic wrote:
Yes but you need to go to straight gas to have any performance benefit. Many people just have dual fuel but have less performance and think that the only benefit is cheaper fuel costs.

Look at the intended market for the car.

Do you, in your right mind, honestly think Ford gives a s**t about performance of stock Falcons, excluding the turbocharged models? A company is in the business of making money, less people want a high performance vehicle compared to fleet execs. Sales speak louder than anything else. I certainly did not buy my EL because I expected it to be a performance car, I needed a large car to carry 4 or 5 people in comfort and be capable of towing around 1.5 tonnes. Its a guzzler, my previous car that made 50kw more power out of 40% less engine capacity and used around 10L/100km around town of premium. This EL uses 14-15L/100km of LPG around town and around 12L/100km of petrol for the same conditions and being far less sporty or fun to drive. Not everyone wants a performance car, look at the target demographic. Ford could not give a s**t about who owns the car after it has left the dealership, like any company that wants to make a profit, they only care about getting them out of the door.

Hence for me and most others, the ONLY benefit of LPG is the cheaper fuel costs.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:39 am 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

I agree - the only reason people have LPG on their cars is for cheaper fuel...if it wasn't cheap...why f@rt around with extra hardware in your engine bay and a big a$$ ugly tank in your boot *yuk*.

However, as I said earlier...it all comes down to application - I have a GRA system on my EL Wagon...I am sitting on ~13/14 L/100kms...that's ~400 + kms from 55/57 L usable tank. My car goes better on LPG than ULP/PULP...yes it's dual fuel. Fusion and EFFalcon are also on LPG and seem relatively happy with the benefits...but yes it depends on what everyone's idea of 'performance' is...I know a lot of people look at an EF/EL and think taxi straight away *shrugs* - each to their own :wink:

btw - Vic's car is a 5L, so 'performance' (within reason) is more of an issue than the average I6 people mover, despite his goal of looking at minor mods without negatively impacting economy too much.

F**k - it's late and I'm braindead...I don't know if I typed this rambling crap right or not :oops:

Vic Cruises & Events

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next