Fordmods Logo

JMM Ultimate Sequential Computer 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: JMM Ultimate Sequential Computer
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

Has any one had any experience with these computers and fitting them yourself?

If so is it a strait forward job or are there aditional sensors etc that have to be mounted and wired in?

Also what are the specs/capabilities i.e. boost etc. of the computer because i'm finding it hard to find much info about it on the net?

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Give the JMM guys a call....

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

question ??? what are we talking about ??? JMM computer ???

do u have a website link or can u explain more info on the topic ??

sorry

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
question ??? what are we talking about ??? JMM computer ???

do u have a website link or can u explain more info on the topic ??

sorry

cheers

http://www.jimmockmotorsport.com/ not much mentioned about it on there but

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

From what i have heard 2nd hand its basically the same as a unichip and a fuel only computer. It controls the injectors while modifying sensor inputs to the ecu to control timing. Ive heard it costs $1850 fitted and tuned, which puts it right up there with the stand alone ECU's in terms of price.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
From what i have heard 2nd hand its basically the same as a unichip and a fuel only computer. It controls the injectors while modifying sensor inputs to the ecu to control timing. Ive heard it costs $1850 fitted and tuned, which puts it right up there with the stand alone ECU's in terms of price.

hi stockstandard mmmmmmm another piggy back signal modifier

Ok now i know what this gentleman is on about JMM computer , love the way all the performance place market everything is theres all comes from some factory in south africa the unichip but in different colours and charge a arm and a leg

hate to see what the unichip is really worth before theses guys get hold of them and remarket them with there own stickers LOL someone is making heaps of money

here is what i said about foul microprocessors in another thread

link is http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22084

"hi
for the price u pay for a unichip don't waste ur money
buy a proper programmable ECU cost a few dollars more but u will get better results
also u get to own ur own software so tuning can be done by u or anyone else for that matter
Unichip locks u into a agreement that u don't own the software and can only have a unichip franchise shop tune ur car
in my eyes i think this is totally wrong one should get the software and necessary hardware with the unichip as you have paid for it
this way you are not locked into a unichip shop , means every time you want to make a mod to ur car to make the changes you have to see them for software alterations
secondly unichip is a interceptor computer modifying the sensors signals to ur original car ECU and fouling it into think its under different conditions
Unichip has its limitations also
one being say u do all the mods u say the power and torque curve will alter in a different rev range and most likely up high revs also power will be increased
How do u change the rev limiter on ur car to take advantage of the more power ur engine is making???
speed limiter is another issue and there's more
so before buy a unichip do ur homework
cause once u have bought unichip u will have troubles selling it if ur not happy with it
my thoughts so have fun with you new project
cheers"

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:

hi stockstandard mmmmmmm another piggy back signal modifier

Ok now i know what this gentleman is on about JMM computer , love the way all the performance place market everything is theres all comes from some factory in south africa the unichip but in different colours and charge a arm and a leg

hate to see what the unichip is really worth before theses guys get hold of them and remarket them with there own stickers LOL someone is making heaps of money

here is what i said about foul microprocessors in another thread

link is http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22084

"hi
for the price u pay for a unichip don't waste ur money
buy a proper programmable ECU cost a few dollars more but u will get better results
also u get to own ur own software so tuning can be done by u or anyone else for that matter
Unichip locks u into a agreement that u don't own the software and can only have a unichip franchise shop tune ur car
in my eyes i think this is totally wrong one should get the software and necessary hardware with the unichip as you have paid for it
this way you are not locked into a unichip shop , means every time you want to make a mod to ur car to make the changes you have to see them for software alterations
secondly unichip is a interceptor computer modifying the sensors signals to ur original car ECU and fouling it into think its under different conditions
Unichip has its limitations also
one being say u do all the mods u say the power and torque curve will alter in a different rev range and most likely up high revs also power will be increased
How do u change the rev limiter on ur car to take advantage of the more power ur engine is making???
speed limiter is another issue and there's more
so before buy a unichip do ur homework
cause once u have bought unichip u will have troubles selling it if ur not happy with it
my thoughts so have fun with you new project
cheers"

cheers

yeah i seem to recall who aid that to ivan hehe yeah true tho...cant compare piggy backs and interceptor modules to standalone ECUs they just arent worth the money...better to spend the lil extra

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]