LPG on EF GLi 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: LPG on EF GLi
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Hey guys. With petrol prices making it too much to run a big 6 i thought of gas. Its 1/3 the price and burns cleaner.

I was wondering if i got a kit from a wrecker for about $500 and installed it my self. Would there be any auto gas places that will certifiy my install or will they have to do the install their selves?

The other thing is; the only place to put the gas tank is behind the rear seats isint it? Are you about to put it else where. Maybe i could go straight gas and put the tank under the car???

Cheers all!!!

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

It would be dangerous installing it yourself.

I am getting a new kit fitted in a week and a half for $2350. Back seat is best as you need engineer's certificate for removing spare wheel well.

3 year/100,000 kms warranty is something you do not get if you fit it yourself. Vic roads needs to be contacted to know that your car has got LPG running it.

Instant Karma is gonna get you!

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

lines and stuff the mechanic will have to fit new ones. no reason you can't do the intake, mount the converter, the electrics, mount the tank yourself but...

Post subject: Re: LPG on EF GLi
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

stomper wrote:
Hey guys. With petrol prices making it too much to run a big 6 i thought of gas. Its 1/3 the price and burns cleaner.

I was wondering if i got a kit from a wrecker for about $500 and installed it my self. Would there be any auto gas places that will certifiy my install or will they have to do the install their selves?

The other thing is; the only place to put the gas tank is behind the rear seats isint it? Are you about to put it else where. Maybe i could go straight gas and put the tank under the car???

Cheers all!!!
you can get split tanks-1\2 of each which repaces petrol tank,multi cell tanks and the 80-90ltr tanks all cost $$$ gas tanks are certified for 10 years, if buying at wreckers check dates,must be installed by certified fitters ,the car has compliance plates fitted and docments for rta rego,must be inspected every year--leaks. you still have to repair any faults,same as petrol.but if one system fails----gas\petrol -you can drive home to repair the other one.find out if gas system cuts power to petrol pump,most ive seen dont,so petrol pump runs while using gas-stupid,hope it helps :roll: :roll:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]