LSD Diff and XR6 ef or el coil springs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: LSD Diff and XR6 ef or el coil springs
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: fairmont ef

VIC, Australia

Hi to everyone im after a set of 4 or just the front coil springs to suit a EF fairmont,but i need the ones out of a EF or EL tickford xr6 they have to be the standard tickford hight.As i got pulled over yesterday by the cops and put my ef fairmont of the road for been to low :cry: i only got KING LOWS it has to be 100mm clearence of the ground and its about 10mm out i reckon if i was out of my car it would have been OK. AND would anyone know maybe i can buy some spacers to put on if anyone knows please give me a address or a phone number,and if possible a price as well.Also im after a EF XR6 LSD with 4:45 gear ratio,it has to be EF not a EL repeat NOT A EL as the upper control arms are a bit longer.Need responce A.S.A.P as i got 1 week to get a roadworthy or they gonna susspend my rego.Get this i got a pair of alteza tail lights and they said that they are not legally are they for real?????? THANKS PETER.. if anyone needs to ring me my number is 0419 311 298

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

you can fit an el diff if you use el top arms,think your looking for a 3.45 ratio too. rear lights need to have a red reflector and most altezzas dont.

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

elf100capri wrote:
you can fit an el diff if you use el top arms,think your looking for a 3.45 ratio too. .

You'll also need the hand brake cables, and even the watts link arms (not sure if they're shorter)

Its a worthwhile swap from EF to EL as the rear handling is optimized.

and Yes, 3.45:1

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

I have 10mm spacers above my rear springs, as I found the S/Low's too low.

You should be able to order them from any suspension store. They were $30.

And yes, you can use either the EF or EL XR6 diff, as long as you get the matching upper control arms.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Hi and thanks for the quick reply i have asked everywere for the spacers and no one seems to have were did you get yours any chance you can give me a address and a phone number??? OR even if you can buy them for me and i will send you the money,or you can give me your bank account details and i will bank the money first thing in the morning.Or if theres is another way that you want me to pay you i will,i need the same as yours about 10mm will be perfect.If you need to ring me my number is 0419 311 298 or you can leave me youre number.Thanks heaps Peter...

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Hi and thanks for the quick reply i have asked everywere for the spacers and no one seems to have were did you get yours any chance you can give me a address and a phone number??? OR even if you can buy them for me and i will send you the money,or you can give me your bank account details and i will bank the money first thing in the morning.Or if theres is another way that you want me to pay you i will,i need the same as yours about 10mm will be perfect.If you need to ring me my number is 0419 311 298 or you can leave me youre number.Thanks heaps Peter...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]