Fordmods Logo

NEW FUEL ECONOMY RECORD 

Page 2 of 9 [ 121 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

i was gettin 11.8 around town the other week...then dad drove my car :( went upto 13.1 :(:(

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Record for worst fuel economy was 26.1L/100km in the EA. Driving from Mount Magnet to Perth. Best fuel economy... I'll let you know after I've driven this EL around (only picked it up today).

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

rushed wrote:
In my fathers au ghia, we were playing with the trip meter thing and got it to read 2 litres/100km. lol. driving @ 40kph.

i've had mine say 1L\100K's - downhill, 5th gear, no acceleration, at 80km/h!

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:14 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

this weekend I did a trip from Sydney to Orange return and all i could manage was 450 klms out of a tank. The trip was 530 return. The car had 4 people including myself and luggage in the boot but that equals to 15L/100. On the way back I had the air con on all the way

The car is an EL XR6 5 speed and at 110 it is reving at about 2300 rpm but this seems like bad fuel economy. What do others get out of their XR6's.

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:09 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

mr_sperm1 wrote:
i've had mine say 1L\100K's - downhill, 5th gear, no acceleration, at 80km/h!

pfft seen 0litres per 100!!!!!

ohh was on a pirus...
wierd car it is quite and wrong!

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

NSW, Australia

i reset my tripmeter every time i fill up. this week, i've managed to travel 726km, and still have 1/4 of a tank left. ;) "econ" is good, gotta love 100km/h@1550rpm :D

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Guys. Seriously. Who cares about fuel economy???

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:25 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

Fuel economy is good when you are driving long distances... You dont want a tank to disapear when you are only cruising along to a destination.

I see on a regular basis 5L/100km whilst travelling along the freeway. I travelled from Perth to Exmouth which is about 1300km, 2 people in the car with boot and back seat loaded and only used roughly 115L... The total trip, 3000km, ended up averaging 10L/100.

Somewhere around the 8s is pretty normal for country trips, but it depends on load and weather...

Fulli Sik Re

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
Who the hell cares about fuel economy? If you and I cared about fuel economy, we'd buy Hyundai's!!!
We're interested in power, that's why we have Falcon's.

Anybody who doesn't have an unlimited supply of money.

What sort of meaningless statement are you trying to make? Our world has a finite supply of fossil fuel and the better economy people can get, the better. Especially on the highway when you enjoy a cruise, not a pleasureable thrash around the twisty's where power (oh, braking and cornering, usually missing from non sports cars) are something to enjoy.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Bozz, you have got to be s**t me right? You're gunna give me a big speil about finite fossil fuels and call me meaningless, yet your driving an EL Falcon. Mate, if you cared that much, and I'll say it again, you'd be driving a bloody Hyndai!!!

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1984 XE Falcon

VIC, Australia

Downingj your full of s**t
these guys are compairing there fuel consumption because they want to know how much Kms each other are getting to a tank and bragging rights on whos got the most economical car.

so stop being a yobbo and tell us how much kms you get to a tank!

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
Bozz, you have got to be s**t me right? You're gunna give me a big speil about finite fossil fuels and call me meaningless, yet your driving an EL Falcon. Mate, if you cared that much, and I'll say it again, you'd be driving a bloody Hyndai!!!

Yes, I'm s**t you.

Trust me, if I had the room (and could justify the expense) I'd have two cars, a seriously raised turbo diesel 4WD and a real sports car. In the real world, I need to tow (sometimes 2 tonnes) and I want the best possible economy. A 4WD is out of the picture because they're dangerous for everyday driving, an real sportscar such as an R32 Skyline GTR is out of the question because they can't tow my 1 tonne ski boat. So I have about the best possible compromise, an LPG powered six cyl taxi. I used to have an R32 and I sorely miss it, not only did it have power but it could a) stop (big discs and 4 piston fronts and 2 piston rears), and b) get around corners (the suspension design is phenomenal).

So, could you suggest a better car to suit my needs? It must not be wrong wheel drive and I dont care about running costs (well not significantly) if I'm thrashing the car or having fun, I do care about running costs in mundane operation such as cruise on the highway or puttering along around town.

Oh, trust me, I wouldn't be driving a Hyundai if I didn't have the above needs. I'd drive something with better economy that was built by a company with better engineers and QC than american car companies, something like a Honda Civic sedan or Nissan Pulsar

There's nothing worse than a person who stereotypes particular people based on the car they drive, except for ricers.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:36 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

What are some fuel economy figures with people who have ef-el xr6's???

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:25 am 
Smokin em up

Power: 141 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i gto 11.6 l/100km the other day... mixture of cruising and giving it a little boot. I was quite happy with it when i seen that. Havent taken it on a long trip so dont know how economical will be, but goin to nowra after chrissy and wil b able to get some figures then

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

hmmm i did torquay and back on around 40 ish litres, for a 300k trip.... i think thats a bit steep maby... but there was a bit of playin around involved and the car was loaded :P

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 9  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next