PCV Valve - 5L EFi 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: PCV Valve - 5L EFi
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Blueprint EB II Fairmont 5L

WA, Australia

Ok..on the lower manifold of the EFi 5L thers a bafle underneath where the PCV valve sits in...what happens if you dont install this baffle..???

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF XR8 5spd

NSW, Australia

Came across the same thing when i swapped my HO manifold to a Explorer, I just fitted the rubber grommet and installed the valve.
Don't know if there is any disadvantage, but have had no probs so far with my motor.

EF XR8 5spd: 302ci /178rwkw

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

well i took the manifold off and fitted the bafle...i took the plenum cover off the manifold and there was a pool of oil in there......and my plugs fowled up big time after bout 25 kms of driving...

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:37 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ef xr8

NSW, Australia

Ive got a cobra intake manifold,came straight from the states to the engine rebuilder so I dont know if mine has a baffle.Aked Vic cause he has the same manifold as me and his has a small baffle.I found small amounts of oil in the intake when removing the top section so I made up a catch can that hooks up to the hose comming from the PCV valve and then goes into the intake.Ive also had trouble with plugs fouling before I did this.Every service I empty the catch can and get about 600mls of oil.

----------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE;EF 5.0 auto ecu with tweecer $600

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

so you put like a t-piece in the pcv valve house and connect the catch can to that ???

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:07 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ef xr8

NSW, Australia

I think if you used a t-piece the oil would still be sucked through.Best idea is to use a larger baffle to stop oil splash being sucked into the PCV valve.The catch can I made up has a gas tight cap and two fittings into it,one for in and one for out.The good thing about having a screew lid its easy to check how high the oil level is getting so that you dont suck a heap of oil into the motor.I glued a ceramic block to the side of the can and ground a groove in it then it clamps to the dipstick for easy access and removal to empty the oil out.I went with the catch can idea cause it was a lot easier than removing the intake and having to get new gaskets.

FOR SALE;EF 5.0 auto ecu with tweecer $600

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

chooka wrote:
I think if you used a t-piece the oil would still be sucked through.Best idea is to use a larger baffle to stop oil splash being sucked into the PCV valve.The catch can I made up has a gas tight cap and two fittings into it,one for in and one for out.The good thing about having a screew lid its easy to check how high the oil level is getting so that you dont suck a heap of oil into the motor.I glued a ceramic block to the side of the can and ground a groove in it then it clamps to the dipstick for easy access and removal to empty the oil out.I went with the catch can idea cause it was a lot easier than removing the intake and having to get new gaskets.

well i put the baffle in..and i also bought a catch can the same as yours...hose in, hose out, screw lid on top with o-ring seal, & drain plug at the bottom..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]