Fordmods Logo

Possible solution for tuning EF/EL EEC-V...? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

tjb45 wrote:
Wolf has closed loop ...

wolf doesn't have enough options or enough RPM and load points for the price you pay for it.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

im a bit new to the ECU thing but running a computer for the engine, would this be a simple matter of figuring out which wires in the ECU harness control the engine, yanking them out and making another harness for the seperate engine ECU?

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
im a bit new to the ECU thing but running a computer for the engine, would this be a simple matter of figuring out which wires in the ECU harness control the engine, yanking them out and making another harness for the seperate engine ECU?

Thats it, just run the harness for engine functions to the suported EEC and leave the rest for the other fuctions. Also using a V8 EEC will give the advantage of runing a MAF sesnor.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

You would have to run all the input sensors to both ECU's otherwise they might chuck a fit if they don't see what they expect. Also are the sensor signals the same from ED to EF/EL?

Just cut the outputs to the ignition and injectors from the original and wire them into the ED ecu.

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

Spork wrote:
You would have to run all the input sensors to both ECU's otherwise they might chuck a fit if they don't see what they expect. Also are the sensor signals the same from ED to EF/EL?

Just cut the outputs to the ignition and injectors from the original and wire them into the ED ecu.

Yeah there will be some wires that need to go to both EECs, but most sensors are the same from EA/ED to EF/EL although the EF coilpack ignition would be a problem and I would think need to be removed for the standard dissy setup.

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

CHEF wrote:
Motec's not really all that more expensive than say wolf, microtec, ems ect... sure they start at $2200 plus plus plus... but they are dam good, serious kit. I have quite a few friends using Motec and they are worth the extra grand or so...

I recently had a guy look at my requirements ,and he quoted me $2200-$2800 for a management system that was equivalent to the EEC-V, this guy tunes race cars and sugested finding someone who could re-program the factory ECU to suit the new/old & modified sensors exactly, also in this case it would not be illegal and would result in much the same.
as for "cheaper/piggyback" ecu's you would need atleast 25 tuning points for a street car and ecu's with 10-15 are only good for WOT not economy.
But as you have stated Motec are a great unit providing you get the right one to suit you're needs, but is it worth it considering the USA ecu will do basicly the same thing, when tuned to suit??

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2