Fordmods Logo

Running out of fuel before tank is empty!!!??? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:05 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
he told you what to do though! its not like his post isnt helping you and just adding onto it! F**k!
so you replaced it yet? also fuel and dte would both get there info from the same source pretty much :P fuel sender - cluster - trip computer...

I didnt know it was the fuel sender! until it was first properly answered for me by fongus

Love getting ripped off by fellow Ford Modders... 4 to date so far since 2005!!!!
Please do it more!!!!

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

dazzat wrote:
Thanks heaps snap0964
Yeah I talked to andrew on the phone earlier about this.
I just hate it when I get flamed for a perplexing problem I'm having...
NP fella - actually I remember when some of Phong's posts were pretty ordinary - if you read his post earlier, it's pretty much spot on - he has learnt a lot and grown - if people think posts are a waste, don't reply to them - simple solution.
If you learn from this thread, then it isn't a waste - if someone asks the same question later on, refer them to this thread . . . . . .

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

phongus wrote:
Could the floating petrol level sensor arm in the tank be jammed after it hits 1/4 of petrol?

phong =P~

i say this may be the case... i ran out of fuel awhile ago and knocked the pump out and noticed that my baffle / dirt tray free in the tank it held the sender arm up and guage said 1/4 tank but wasn't

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

QLD, Australia

Mate, I apologise for appearing like I was flaming you, I was merely venting after opening post after post of menial crap that just wastes time.
If dash, and trip computer say one thing, but another thing happens, F**k me, its not rocket science.
I'll buy you a few beers when you are up here to make up for my mistake, sorry champ.

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:38 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
dazzat wrote:
Thanks heaps snap0964
Yeah I talked to andrew on the phone earlier about this.
I just hate it when I get flamed for a perplexing problem I'm having...
NP fella - actually I remember when some of Phong's posts were pretty ordinary - if you read his post earlier, it's pretty much spot on - he has learnt a lot and grown - if people think posts are a waste, don't reply to them - simple solution.
If you learn from this thread, then it isn't a waste - if someone asks the same question later on, refer them to this thread . . . . . .

thanks snap ;) I have learned heaps off this site and try my best to help those who were like me :D. Now it's time to give back to the community :D

Hope you get it fixed dazzat.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:49 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

when i fitted my walbro pump it was shoter than the stock one and therefore didn't quite reach the bottom of the tank so it ran out of fuel at 1/4 full...i modified it to site as low as possible but make sure its always got over 1/8 tank....so maybe it has and after market pump fitted and fitted too high

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2