Post subject: SCT Pro/Racer Package & Force-Fed LPG Tuning
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:11 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

After much waiting & exchanging emails with SCT, I finally managed to:

* establish that my AU's PCM is supported by the PRP software
* actually buy the PRP software direct from SCT

It took 5 days to ship from Florida to Newcastle via UPS and Australian Air Express, and cost US$349 plus shipping and handling. I had intended to try it out on a couple of minor tweaks to get a bit more from LPG, eg a more aggressive spark map and changing the BBM changeover RPM (from previous testing I suspect 3300rpm is best for my mixer ring system). But things got out of sequence as they do, and I ended up fitting my blower kit before the PRP arrived.

The PRP seems to be a single-vehicle version of Advantage 3, so hopefully it has the full feature set of A3.

So I'm now looking at a force-fed LPG tune as a priority. Fuelling will be handled by the LPG computer, so the spark map is where I'll be focusing. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to approach a base map?

For example:

* How much would I be able to advance timing over stock (91 octane) for LPG?
* How much would I need to retard timing for 1psi, 2psi, 3psi... up to 10psi of boost?
* Any other advice apart from the obvious "be conservative until it gets on the dyno"?

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Nice.

Who did you buy from? Whats your PCM code?

Are you using a flash box from CAPA with the racer package?

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

can u tell us more...

never heard of it before...

what parts of the ecu can be tuned?

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Hey xr8ute, I bought it direct from SCT in Florida. CAPA don't sell it because "there is no demand for it" LOL! My PCM code is WANA, that's a plain vanilla I6 in a Smartshield-update AU1.

I have an original Ford flash box and a FF2. I bought the first from KPM with generic tunes, it'll be getting reset so I can flash my wife's AU3 with a 98-octane tune now it has an SVI LPG system. The FF2 came with the Raptor SC kit.

Gogetta, as I get into it I'll be able to tell you more. ATM I'm chasing down little teething issues with the new SC setup, stuff like air leaks in my intake (the factory piece) and getting the LPG system tuned for force-feeding. I must stress here that the kit as supplied by Raptor has been 100% as promised and the few minor issues I'm working on are all to do with my car. Once I know I've got enough LPG flow to spin the engine to 5800, I'll start to play with the tune.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:25 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

So far, no good...

Got hold of a s/h laptop off ebay, all of $250 shipped. It arrived 2 days after I paid, I fired it up and put the Pro Racer CD in, only to have Windows ask me what I wanted to do with the blank CD I'd just inserted. So I tried it in another computer, and another, only to be asked the same question each time.

f**k me, they've shipped a blank CD halfway around the f**k world. No wonder the Yanks' banks are in such a mess.

I've sent SCT an email. It'll be interesting to see their response.

Do we have a smiley for bashing one's head against a brick wall?

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

Wonder if this is an option for AU dual fuel ECU as well, I am running a EF tickford system with a B2 convertor and GRA carb and am going to install the AU ECU in the future. This would allow a final tweek specially with the VCT motor.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]