Fordmods Logo

Shell V-power or BP Ultimate,which 1 do people find better? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:02 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i use bp ultimate most of the time ..
i find when i run my car on v power its very doggy down low and i dont get any change in fuel consumption so i stick with ultimate or bp 95 oct premium

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1997 EL Falcon

QLD, Australia

So whats the overall verdict?
It seems there's alot of arguments both ways. It looks like bp ultimate is working the best for alot of people out there. I've never tried it myself.
I must admit in the early mornings my idle is all over the place on V power.
hmmmm maybe I should change :)

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:46 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: R34 GTR

VIC, Australia

Shell is s**t! It is s**t coz it has a high Sulfur content.....which wrecks Catylitic Converters. It eats away at the precious metals in the 'Cat that do the 'converting'. But there is an upside to Sulfur in fuel......it also cakes your Plugs! And Optimax also contains the most Ethanol. So there u have it....Shell is absolute JUNK. The best 98 RON brew's are BP Ultimate & Synergy 8000. Im pretty sure i heard that Optimax also contains Cat piss.

LUMPY-6

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA

VIC, Australia

efmarek wrote:
Shell is s**t! It is s**t coz it has a high Sulfur content.....which wrecks Catylitic Converters. It eats away at the precious metals in the 'Cat that do the 'converting'. But there is an upside to Sulfur in fuel......it also cakes your Plugs! And Optimax also contains the most Ethanol. So there u have it....Shell is absolute JUNK. The best 98 RON brew's are BP Ultimate & Synergy 8000. Im pretty sure i heard that Optimax also contains Cat piss.

Right on!!

Ford Falcon EA Naturally Aspirated 4.0L i6
13.797 @ 157.16km/h (Limiter Bounce)

1/4 Mile Video

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

I have been using the shell V Power since it was released, I have gotten better power and a lot better fuel ecomony. I was using ulitmate and the engine would use more fuel. I still got the same idle with all the different RON fuels. I have tired ethanol fuel and it truly uses a lot more fuel as the O2 sensor thinks the car is running lean as the reading it is getting is lean so it pumps in a lot more fuel. So no eth fuel form me anymore.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

im a fan of Synergy 8000. When I used all the other fuels the car didnt seem to go as well as it usually does

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:56 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Custom Bedford, 79 Firebird

WA, Australia

Grechie, sorry it's taken so long for a reply.. spare time constantly evades me.

The simple answer is No. I don't use nulon addatives.

The indepth answer is; I use Ultrafuel addative, it is produced in WA by one of 2, but soon to be 3 companies worldwide that have the rights to produce this range of products. The fuel addative is the BOMB, the NOS Racing stuff I just bought proves how easily a brand name can rip people off.. I won't be buying it again, even though it was half price ($20). It's $25-30 for a 500ml bottle of Ultrafuel addative and I only use 50ml for a full tank - that's overdosing it.

The oil addative is just as good, I trust nothing else to the same extent with any engine I work on - ESPECIALLY my engines.

If I put up my dyno figures they'll tell half the story.. I didn't service my car for a good 6-8 months, due to prioritising other cars over my own, then when I put it on the dyno I figured she was still running like a dream so the service could wait.. 194hp at the wheels isn't bad for minor mods, however it was when I dropped CLEAN oil in - WITHOUT filter change OR more addative, that she showed her true colors! How many BA's flick to 4 grand from 1/4 throttle? I'll take you for a drive in mine..

Moral of the story?
Pump fuel is good, but quality addative makes more of a difference than ANY other mod, extractors come close, but addative gives better driveability in EVERY situation, part throttle, full throttle, or anywhere inbetween.

I'm completely out of addative, so I'm heading out to buy bulk this weekend - replenish supplies.

I'll run in some oil addative and shatter the confidence of a few more commodore/HSV owners this weekend..

If anyone wants more info, or technical info on the products send me a PM - I don't want to dominate this thread explaining the advantiges of an addative that is essentially UNFAIR advantage in a bottle.

Happy Motoring! :twisted:

Wrecking BA lots of parts available Pictures and prices here
3 Decks with stackers PRICE DROP

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:57 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Im still a little worried in the back of my mind, because Vpower is 5% ethanol....

And i cant tell any difference between it and Ultimate.....so i use ultimate

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL XR6 with JMM Dev5, Manual

VIC, Australia

My EL XR6 runs better with BP Ultimate the V-Power.. i find it doesn't idle as good and hte amount of kms to the tank is worse off..

With my tests.. i ran untill it was really empty and tanked twice with the same fuel..

Power wise, i felt hte BP was better too, on takeoff.. but that might be a placebo thing.. dont know..

So i stick with BP when i can. but i usually get fuel voutches for Shell :(

97 EL XR6, JMM DEV5 kit, Manual
162rwkw

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII Ghia

i personnaly use bp ultimate never been a fan of shell products of any sort,when travelling i get a huge difference, i get 700ks out of a tank well 720 is the most that when i pulled into a servo. when i travelled to pt lincoln when my needle got to dead on half a tank i had done approx 460k, used a lot of fuela round lincoln, then fueled up (used 91ron no bp at lincoln) on the way home i had only done approx 410ks when the needle got to half.

but i do think it depends on the car the engine condition, condition of the sensors,

Gee my old hilux with a carby runs better on BP98 barly make a difference but off road i need all the power i can get.

i aslo have advanced my timming by 7 or 8 degrees. (used a timming light with advance knob)

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3