Fordmods Logo

Sizing-V-Flow-V-Pressure need advice on size 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Sizing-V-Flow-V-Pressure need advice on size
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:55 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Pursuit 250

NSW, Australia

From what FPV told me On T3 engines they used the 6cyl 24lb injector and increased fuel pressure from 2.8 bar to 4.3 bar to achieve beter flow rate. The fuel regulator was std unit retro'd with different spring pressure to give higher fuel pressure but these regulators are very eratic at maintaining pressure under varied loads. If I change the regulator to malpassi rising rate or similar and use 30lb injectors what fuel pressure would I use. Still 4.3 bar or would that be a little too much flow and should pressure be lowered accordingly and if so to what pressure.
Just a culy one 4 you i stopped working on cars when they still had carbies and you just changed jetting and CFM./

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

It depends on how Ford accounted for the higher rail pressure in the EEC. Most likely they just told it the injectors were bigger than 24lbs...

If you are going to fit larger injectors, you will need to get it re-tuned anyway. Get it tuned with the edit (CAPA Flash Tuner), and the tuner will be able to sort it out, whichever way you decide to go with the fuel reg.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

I wouldn't bother with the malpassi fuel regs, as they have the same erratic problem. Ive seen good results from Sard, and would definately recommend them. They might cost more now, but will save trouble later.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:18 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Pursuit 250

NSW, Australia

justfordima wrote:
I wouldn't bother with the malpassi fuel regs, as they have the same erratic problem. Ive seen good results from Sard, and would definately recommend them. They might cost more now, but will save trouble later.

Cheers

might try the fuel regulator you recommend first at current rec. pressure (4.3bar) and then make a judgement on how the injectors perform. Thanks for input.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]