Fordmods Logo

Time to organise a Megasquirt-II Group Buy 

Page 18 of 23 [ 338 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Waggin wrote:
I'm happy to make Fordmods the home of Aussie MS user based support.

Very interesting concept brad. How would you go about doing this?

Lol - i'd say that, like it or not, a 13 page thread such as this probably has FM at the forefront of aussie MS user based support.... well, for e series falcons anyway :wink:

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

There is an australian forum on the MSEFI forums, but it doesn't seem overly active...
http://www.msefi.com/viewforum.php?f=74 ... 2a34df4584

A MS Sub-forum under the ECU forum here probably wouldn't go amiss to get us all through teething problems, and maybe down the track it could be done away with and be replaced by a comprehensive falcon specific tutorial/doco ?

ImageImage

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Waggin wrote:
I'm happy to make Fordmods the home of Aussie MS user based support.

Very interesting concept brad. How would you go about doing this?

Lol - i'd say that, like it or not, a 13 page thread such as this probably has FM at the forefront of aussie MS user based support.... well, for e series falcons anyway :wink:

I await your proposal, Martin :)

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Waggin wrote:

Lol, by my calculations its 3 days until the end of FY04/05.... so dont expect any proposals in the near future!!!

I was thinking something along the lines of what hyena suggested. Maybe butcher this thread up and extract the many many many topics that have been covered... then move these into new threads i.e. ordering, assembly, testing, I6 'issues', V8 'issues'....

:?:

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Chopping the thread up would probably be a bit of a pain for Waggin, maybe just start the new forum and have a few stickies with all the need to know stats in them - ie injector impedence, flow rates etc, ford sensor resistances and specs that you'll need to know, pin out diagrams etc. and then people can post threads asking questions/ idea's /problems as they go.

ImageImage

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Waggin wrote:

Lol, by my calculations its 3 days until the end of FY04/05.... so dont expect any proposals in the near future!!!

I was thinking something along the lines of what hyena suggested. Maybe butcher this thread up and extract the many many many topics that have been covered... then move these into new threads i.e. ordering, assembly, testing, I6 'issues', V8 'issues'....

:?:

Ah s**t.. 3 days?! Better go out and rack up some quick expenses.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Mondeo XR5T

Power: 173 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Waggin wrote:
Ah s**t.. 3 days?! Better go out and rack up some quick expenses.

I don't think your expense acount could handle it :lol:

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: NF Fairlane V8

VIC, Australia

I couldn't help myself and ordered a MS from http://www.diyautotune.com $10 off till end of month it comes in under $200Aus for the lot with case in kit form delivered..
And I like the Idea of a new group or forum on the MS, but maybe one on aftermarket EEC's of all types and keep the current one for factory stuff (just a thought). But I'll put my hand up :roll: to do a sticky on building and installing a MS into an NF V8 when I get mine.

The TORQUE Monster project begins!

Pic's, details and all the yummy stuff:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22693

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

NFGhia wrote:
I couldn't help myself and ordered a MS from http://www.diyautotune.com $10 off till end of month

Jipped! I just ordered 2 from glens garage the other day for a bit more than that... How much was shipping ?

ImageImage

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XF Ghia

VIC, Australia

daaammmn, I havent visited FM for ages (was gazadaman before FM temporarily died), i come on and see all this MS talk!! awsome. Im running MS and have for about 55,000 km's so far, its an awsome peice of kit, you wont go back ;) if anyone needs any help feel free to ask, ive built one on my car, one on a 3.5 EFI rangie and am nearly finished a setup for my mates EK wagon with VK EFI gear, im also planning on controlling LPG vapour injecters as soon as i get hold of a OMVL dream LPG injection system. Ill also have a MSII beta chip, as soon as my mate sends it from sydneym, he tested it on his EFI corrolla and had a few ignition triggering dramas, theres also apparently a small short on the fuel pump output on the first batch of beta boards, but he never had probs with that. He's had to move to japan for work, so i get the chip in the next few days....ill be sure to post how it goes

XF Ghia Turbo Dual Fuel, Megasquirt ECU, Megaview VFD, Front mount cooler, Hitatchi HT2547 Turbo on 12psi, HKS 35mm Gate, HKS boost retard box Blow through impco 225, 3" mandrel bent exhaust, T5 box, Coming soon: Au flywheel and uprated Clutch and injectors OMVL LPG injection controlled by MS

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

KLR250 wrote:
(was gazadaman before FM temporarily died), i come on and see all this MS talk!! awsome.

Welcome back! I think I PM'd you on the MS forums a while back about your set up. Not that I'm running a turbo, but others may be curious, is the megasquirt handling all that ok ? Did you have you upgraded the standard map sensor for 12 psi? Sounds like a decent setup running all off the MS! Are you doing just fuel or ignition too ?

Did you share sensors or fit new ones for the MS alone ? Any dramas during the process ?

ImageImage

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

hey man
standard map sensor will handle 15psi no probs, ive only had the turbo on for 8 weeks, i cant really boost much on petrol atm, stocko injectors still :(
as for sensors, im running VN commo ones, IMO i think there better than the ford ones, and seem to respond quicker, if anyone needs the resistance vs temp curves let me know. The mat sensor is $19 from holden, coolant is $12. Ive been really slack on the spark side of things., still fuel only, Ive been hanging out for MSII, so atm im running a XE dizzy i curved myself through trial and error, and a HKS boost retard box, that allows me to select the amount of retard i want to take off under boost, works a treat. Ive totally ditched eec4, and wired from scratch.....Cant wait for MSII tho, im keen for better resolution and spark control amongst other things

XF Ghia Turbo Dual Fuel, Megasquirt ECU, Megaview VFD, Front mount cooler, Hitatchi HT2547 Turbo on 12psi, HKS 35mm Gate, HKS boost retard box Blow through impco 225, 3" mandrel bent exhaust, T5 box, Coming soon: Au flywheel and uprated Clutch and injectors OMVL LPG injection controlled by MS

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

heres a few pics of the megaview and HKS boost retard, im still looking for my Megasquirt build pics and stuff, oh some of my turbo setup atm to, tis a bit rough atm, as the pipwork hasnt been linished or anything

Image]

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6

VIC, Australia

that is a really sexy engine bay i love it well done it is so neat :D

BA XR8 BOSS 260
Winter White
18' gt-p wheels
Flash Tuned
2 jl 13.5' w3's
tv indash

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah the engine bay looks nice. More room for that sort of set up than the later models

KLR250 wrote:
The mat sensor is $19 from holden, coolant is $12
I've been tossing up whether to run the holden sensors but drilling a hole somewhere for the coolant temp sensor could prove to be a drama. Where did you fit yours ?
I guess you're lucky with the XF that the EECIV doesn't control a s**t of stuff like it does in the later models. As for better resolution with the MSII, you know you can get the same 12x12 res with the msns firmware upgrade don't you ?

ImageImage

Sort by  
 Page 18 of 23  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next