Fordmods Logo

Time to organise a Megasquirt-II Group Buy 

Page 6 of 23 [ 338 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

South wrote:
unclewoja wrote:
Yeah. I think 10 hrs is pretty much spot on for the average.

At an hourly rate of $13.00 for a junior electronics technician.

Hrmmm, strange - my mechanic buddy gets $15 an hour yet customers are charged $60 an hour....

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The people who get paid less (the workers), have less financial risk.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

VIC, Australia

i also wouldn't mind being part of this group buy, i have PM'd you uncle.

4 cylinders are like chinese food, few minutes after you have them you just want more!

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Hrmmm, strange - my mechanic buddy gets $15 an hour yet customers are charged $60 an hour....

$15/hr + 8% for super, + group tax, + phone, + electricity, + training/C**k-ups, + profit. A business is in business for itself, not for the employees that work for the business. If you can't make money out of a machine, you get rid of it, and if you can't make money out of an employee, you get rid of him/her.

It adds up. I currently charge out labour @ $80/hr at work... sometimes $100/hr is the customer's rich :wink: but then I talking about labour charges on a $15,000 gearbox rebuild, not a $100 oil change.

Anyway, that was off-topic. Back to MS-II

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Lol, yeah - my comment above was tounge-in-cheek...

Anyways - just looking at the ignition systems on the MS page...

Who here is going to be running EDIS and who will be running TFI? Are the 6 cyl and 8 cyl TFI systems the same? Seems MS/MS-II will support the "grey" TFI modules no worries, but is no good for CCD (computer controlled dwell) systems....

Can we confirm the Ford 8/6 TFI module is not CCD? Also, i assume the MS-II ECU/PCB will have spark capabilities straight off the bat... i.e. no need to modify the output side of the cirucit to setup spout output? (seems input is simply a matter of running PIP to the tach input)

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 AU II Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

i think ill be up for a ms2 kit. i think its a tad redundant converting to ms1 then screwing around with it all again for ms2. if we can get the megaview to send impulses to the stock ford display, that would be fkn brilliant (dont know about what sort of inputs it takes, but i imagine it shouldnt be that bad), or as you said, rip the guts out and use the megaview, a less desirable option but still an option.

im looking forward to the tuning :D

has anyone had any issues with running an auto and a/m ecu? (i dont like the auto and want it ot burn in hell, but lets face it- i wont be getting a manual for a little while yet.

Organza 2000 AU 2 Fairmont Ghia
4.0 VCT
JMM Race Series Exhaust
AWC TS50 Front bar
3.45 LSD

Coming soon:
G&D Airbox
CAPA Edit

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

Martin

In the future I intend to use EDIS8 on the 351. That will clean the engine bay up hugely. I want it to be very original on the outside but very high tech on the inside.

I will do some reasearch on the TFI and get back to you. I haven't looked into it at this stage.

Janek. With the MS1 I will be using the MSnS-E code. This gives you almost everything the MSII gives you, except higher resolution. This way when I go MSII all my tables (12x12) and constants etc will be a straight transfer. I wont need to do everything again.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

janek wrote:

has anyone had any issues with running an auto and a/m ecu? (i dont like the auto and want it ot burn in hell, but lets face it- i wont be getting a manual for a little while yet.

Should be fairly straightforward - leave the EEC there to control the auto box and feed it the inputs it requires (trans temp link, rpm, tps, vss)... take a page out of Chef's book as I think he is running a Wolf 3d with EEC running the box...

I'll be running MS on an auto but much simpler with the V8....

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

raiki wrote:
I will do some reasearch on the TFI and get back to you. I haven't looked into it at this stage.

Great adrian, id appreciate a 2nd opinion. I've read up on MS' abilities and TFI is fine so long as its not a CCD unit (black TFI module). Im fairly confident the V8 has the "grey" TFI module (non-CCD) as it's straightforward mustang gear... the 6cyl guys should look into this as well.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

A few more thoughts.... regarding emmission control devices...

EGR... im thinking i'll disable this and tune MS to suit. But... what about the carbon cannister? Seems easy enough to leave EEC in control, but what inputs do you think we'd need to keep this alive and well?

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

janek wrote:
i think ill be up for a ms2 kit. i think its a tad redundant converting to ms1 then screwing around with it all again for ms2. if we can get the megaview to send impulses to the stock ford display, that would be fkn brilliant (dont know about what sort of inputs it takes, but i imagine it shouldnt be that bad), or as you said, rip the guts out and use the megaview, a less desirable option but still an option.

im looking forward to the tuning :D

It depends on how desparate you are to get MS on your ride.

To upgrade to MS-II only requires plugging in the MS-II daughterboard. If you use MSnS initially (that's MS-I with spark control) you will already have 12x12 spark and fuel tables like MS-II will use. So it's just a matter uf burning all your existing fuel and spark tables to the new MS-II as they use exactally the same file formats. It should be a 5 minute changeover.

Different story if you use MS-I for fuel only. You'd have to tune the spark on MS-II obviously and also use a program to convert your 8x8 maps to 12x12.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I'd just like to post here a little run in with south.

He thinks I'm a piece of s**t, know nothing about electronics or Megasquirt (despit the fact I'm the only one here to dat who's had experience and success with MS) and I basically get the feeling he thinks I should stay out of it.

Now, I'm more than happy to help out with this project, but if people like south are going to bad mouth me at every turn and do their best to sink this project, I will stop now.

I have never had anything against south. In fact, untill he had a go at me, I didn't know he existed. I'm not sure why he's so p****d off with me, but I'm not doing this to cause conflicts and my idea of spending free time does not include having verbal bashing sessions with people like south.

So, if people here, like south, think that I'm a prick and are trying to rip people off and don't give a rat's a*** about their situation, please tell me. Otherwise, if people think I'm doing something good for the fordmods community, I'd also like to know.

I would also like to point out that I have never, nor will I ever aim to "corner that market" so to speak. I've been discussing this project with people on the forum via PM and would much rather this be a community effort than an effort solely on my behalf. Megasquirt itself would not have become the success it is now if B&G had have not allowed the MS community to develop.

So I'm not trying to be "King of the Megasquirt" as south would like to say, I'm merely trying to give this project some direction and organisation so it gan get off the ground and give people the information, support and options that are out there instead of every new comer having to re-invent the wheel all the time.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:02 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

HAHAHAHA, your a goose!

Quote:

This is exactally the hourly rate I worked on with my estimate. How dare you imply I'm trying to rip people off.

Don't forget, that that $13/hr included a limited warranty AND after sales support so in actual fact the hourly rate I would get could be as little as $5/hr depending on how things go.

Now, how about you hae a go a raiki? He's offering to do the labour only in return for a $450 MAF. How's that for ripping someone off? No warranty, no after sales support and 3 times the price!!!

Quote:

Hehehe. Jealous?

I really don't need the money. I'm doing this for the community. If you're such a good electronic engineer, then you'll be able to pull some strings and get them assembles professionally for the fordmods members.

In the mean time, everyone on the forums reakon that I'm a good bloke and you're a piece of s**t. I'd cike to keep it that way, so by all means, go ahead and try to cut me down. You'll only make me stronger.

Quote:

Go right ahead. Post it under the one I posted about you.

So if your not Mr King s**t, then why try to act like one?
Im doing the work myself, and I encourage others to do it also, wether they want to get it from you or not is their own choice. I personally would recommend everyone stay clear of your un-professionalism!

Fulli Sik Re

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Fine. I withdraw from this project. No-one here will hear another word from me regarding megasquirts.

Like I've said south, I really don't know what your problem is with me. But I'm sure there are a few people here who would like to thank you.

For everyone that PMed me, I'm sorry but I will now be unable to fulfill your requests. Thankyou for the support some people have shown me, but I really don't have time in my life to deal with people like south.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:14 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

You'll be back in a few hours changing your mind!

Fulli Sik Re

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 23  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next