Fordmods Logo

Time to organise a Megasquirt-II Group Buy 

Page 7 of 23 [ 338 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

South, pull your head in. If you have nothing to contribute to this project or this thread then f*ck off and go troll elsewhere. I think one of the mods needs to step in and clean this up for those of us actually trying to learn from and achieve something.

I've been having megasquirt discussions with unclewoja for a while and we've agreed it's in the best interest of both of us and the fordmods community as a whole if we work together to pioneer the fitting of a megasquirt in a falcon. Once we've done alot of the ground work everyone who fits one of these units (be it soldered up themselves or bought pre-made) will benefit from the experience we've gained and the knowledge we can pass on to others.

ImageImage

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

I wouldnt worry about South... he's just grumpy

Lol, and for the record... as previously stated.... that MAF is going to be worthless to me once MS is in (Adrian, I trust the rubbish in this thread is not going to derail our own efforts to tackle megasquirt?). Lol, it was thrown in with the supercharger package to begin with.

Very poor result here guys. I'm still keen to discuss the technical/installation aspects of MS/MS-II and look forward to comparing notes with y'all.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:35 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

My only gripe is that the kit is approx $250 to purchase yourself. With a self confesed build time of 5hrs at a rate of $13 as he informed me, allow an hour for mistakes or rests etc, so:

$250 + (6 x $13) = $328

Add to this some support and a map, say $50 to cover those details.

$328 + $50 = $378

Call it a total of $390 including postage to your house (express).

Whats the other money for? Its about the community, so why charge excessive rates?

Thats my only gripe! everything but that is all good

Fulli Sik Re

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Just FYI guys...

These go on ebay for about $400 USD ($516 AUD + postage)

Or from advance electronic assembly inc for $500USD ($645 AUD + postage)

http://www.a-e-a.com./new_page_2.htm

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

South, look here

I never EVER gave a firm price in this thread. I always said it was an estimate and was to be sharpened in the future.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

South wrote:
Call it a total of $390 including postage to your house (express).

Rodger quoted an estimate of $400 in the 'For Sale' thread. So all this is over $10?

Get over it.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

Guys, just cool it. If people are prepared to pay what uncle wants then it's obviously not too expensive in those peoples eyes. They get what they want, he gets what he wants. Everyone is happy.

I have already ordered an MS1 and I will order an MSII (maybe a couple). You guys wont talk me out of it. I hope someday I can be helpful to you guys that need assistance.

I am also thinking of using another MS for the dash. It will comunicate with the engine MS to display what it needs and it will get other inputs like vehicle speed. All I have left to work out is how I am going to display it.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

raiki wrote:
Guys, just cool it. If people are prepared to pay what uncle wants then it's obviously not too expensive in those peoples eyes. They get what they want, he gets what he wants. Everyone is happy.

I have already ordered an MS1 and I will order an MSII (maybe a couple). You guys wont talk me out of it. I hope someday I can be helpful to you guys that need assistance.

I am also thinking of using another MS for the dash. It will comunicate with the engine MS to display what it needs and it will get other inputs like vehicle speed. All I have left to work out is how I am going to display it.

I'm not sure if you read one of my previous posts, but I was planning on investigating whether a friend and I could modify a megaview to take the vehicle speed input, and possibly the fuel gauge input, in effect turning the megaview into a trip computer, and then replacing teh Ford trip computer with teh megaview.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

South wrote:
HAHAHAHA, your a goose!

Now, how about you hae a go a raiki? He's offering to do the labour only in return for a $450 MAF. How's that for ripping someone off? No warranty, no after sales support and 3 times the price!!!

Wrong. I have said I am willing to help everybody free of charge. If Martin wants to return the favour by giving me the MAF then he is happy, as I will be. More than likely I will be in the passenger seat with my laptop while Martin drives when we tune it. For free !!!!!.

Anyone else who needs help is welcome to ask. There might even be Adelaide Tuning day gatherings in the future.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Now, if south would kindly apologise to me because "$10 is ripping people off" (yeah, like that's someone's food for a week :roll: ) maybe I can use my contacts with a few friends who are software engineers to help out with some of the aspects of this project.

I'm still baffeled as to why he went off teh deep end in the first place!

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

unclewoja wrote:
I'm not sure if you read one of my previous posts, but I was planning on investigating whether a friend and I could modify a megaview to take the vehicle speed input, and possibly the fuel gauge input, in effect turning the megaview into a trip computer, and then replacing teh Ford trip computer with teh megaview.

I had read that thread, but I am thinking more a full time dash than a trip computer. I might even use a car PC running a modified version of MegaTune as the dash.

Adrian

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

unclewoja wrote:
Now, if south would kindly apologise to me because "$10 is ripping people off"

especially when it mentions in the same breath that a $20 donation would be made to fordmods for each unit sold.

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:36 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

I have read this thread carefull and tried to understand, but what the f**k are you guys on about?

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:40 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

unclewoja wrote:
Now, if south would kindly apologise to me because "$10 is ripping people off" (yeah, like that's someone's food for a week :roll: ) maybe I can use my contacts with a few friends who are software engineers to help out with some of the aspects of this project.

I'm still baffeled as to why he went off teh deep end in the first place!

You estimated $1000 originally, which gob smacked everyone who saw that figure, then you estimated $500. Then you post another thread elsewhere with another different figure and make no mention of it until the very end, how many people read and saw it until you linked it!

No apology will be provided, it is not granted.

Me go off the deep end, your the one PM'ing me abuse in the first place. All i have done is provided people with figures to look at and to make their own decision.

Im still firmly stating that people should be aware that the information is freely obtained via the same source that unclewoja is using, and that his qualifications in producing the product appear to be minimal. Meaning persons of all types can easily construct and tune their own MegaSquirt without prior electronic experience.

The End.

Fulli Sik Re

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

raiki wrote:
I had read that thread, but I am thinking more a full time dash than a trip computer. I might even use a car PC running a modified version of MegaTune as the dash.

Yeah i've got a CarPC installed in the car so I think once it's up an running i'll use that as eyes and ears for MS and permanent datalogging, but ive got a (very old) laptop to use for tuning purposes. The car pc no good for the inital stages of tuning IMO, small screen....

Seems like Megatune is able to display the essentials.

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 23  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next